What to do in Tampa after cruise Late Flight?

marcyjane

Good Morning,

Wanted to ask a quick question before going to work this morning. I'm flying into & out of Tampa for a cruise on Carnival Legend. Family members are driving down from Georgia and will pick me up when I arrive.

My flight home doesn't leave until 3:00 pm and my family will drop me at the airport after the cruise but it will be a long wait and most airports you can't check in for your flight until around 2 hours before your flight.

Is there any types of tours for post cruisers to take that I might get to just pick me up at the port and do so I could arrive later to the airport? I hate to have to sit outside the airport and wait to check in for hours and haul my luggage around.

Any suggestion and information would be great.

Thanks so much in advance for you help.:)

We are in a similar situation, with a flight leaving TPA at 9pm :( Currently our plan is to leave our luggage at the port terminal, there is a concierge desk that will keep it until 4pm for a fee. Then we're going to go across the street to the Channelside complex, where there appears to be a movie theatre, shopping, aquarium and other things to keep us busy. There is also a trolley service that looks interesting, looks like you can check out some of the downtown Tampa area.

A few people on our role call signed up for a Tampa Tourism email, they send them once a month listing events and ideas for what to do in the city. I've found them helpful so far, can't wait for the December one!

We are in a similar situation' date=' with a flight leaving TPA at 9pm :( Currently our plan is to leave our luggage at the port terminal, there is a concierge desk that will keep it until 4pm for a fee. Then we're going to go across the street to the Channelside complex, where there appears to be a movie theatre, shopping, aquarium and other things to keep us busy. There is also a trolley service that looks interesting, looks like you can check out some of the downtown Tampa area.

A few people on our role call signed up for a Tampa Tourism email, they send them once a month listing events and ideas for what to do in the city. I've found them helpful so far, can't wait for the December one![/quote']

B&Z's Mom,

That sounds good and good to know that you have the choice to leave luggage at the port. I couldn't judge by the map just how far the walk to the Channelside complex would be and sure would hate to pull luggage around while looking around and killing time.

Do you know what time the shopping complex opens?

Thanks,

Marcy:)

B&Z's Mom,

That sounds good and good to know that you have the choice to leave luggage at the port. I couldn't judge by the map just how far the walk to the Channelside complex would be and sure would hate to pull luggage around while looking around and killing time.

Do you know what time the shopping complex opens?

Thanks,

Marcy:)

I found everything I needed on their website, which is here: http://www.channelsidebayplaza.com/directions.html

Archived