What to do in Tampa post cruise Late Flight?

marcyjane

Posted on Homeport Thread but thought more people would see post here.

Good Morning,

Wanted to ask a quick question before going to work this morning. I'm flying into & out of Tampa for a cruise on Carnival Legend. Family members are driving down from Georgia and will pick me up when I arrive.

My flight home doesn't leave until 3:00 pm and my family will drop me at the airport after the cruise but it will be a long wait and most airports you can't check in for your flight until around 2 hours before your flight.

Is there any types of tours for post cruisers to take that I might get to just pick me up at the port and do so I could arrive later to the airport? I hate to have to sit outside the airport and wait to check in for hours and haul my luggage around.

Any suggestion and information would be great.

Thanks so much in advance for you help.:)

When you get off the ship and get to the street, go to the left. There's a business a couple of doors down that offers tours. They also store luggage (for a fee, I believe it was somewhere around $5). You don't have to take one of their tours to stow luggage there. They also have a shuttle to the airport.

At the corner of that street, take a left and on your left you'll see the entrance to the mall. Here you will find places to eat and a movie theater.

As already mentioned, the aquarium is across the street from the port.

So the aquarium, a movie and grab a bite to eat...that should kill several hours.

Have a great cruise!!

When you get off the ship and get to the street, go to the left. There's a business a couple of doors down that offers tours. They also store luggage (for a fee, I believe it was somewhere around $5). You don't have to take one of their tours to stow luggage there. They also have a shuttle to the airport.

At the corner of that street, take a left and on your left you'll see the entrance to the mall. Here you will find places to eat and a movie theater.

So the aquarium, a movie and grab a bite to eat...that should kill several hours.

Have a great cruise!!

Thank you, would happen to know the name of this tour place so I could look it up on line.

Thank you, would happen to know the name of this tour place so I could look it up on line.

No...sorry. I don't recall the name.

Hopefully someone who lives in Tampa will know and post it.

I posted this same question on the carnival forum, we too have a later flight out of Tampa. I was given the same answers you got here. So they must be accurate. Good luck, when do you sail? I went back and looked- you sail in april- we are in Dec.

Edited by Banditswife

we were in the same position in October after our Legend cruise. When you walk out of the port after getting your luggage, it's a couple doors down..you are basically still in the same port building. THey will store your luggage for a flat rate of $10..no matter how many pieces. We spent time at the aquarium, had lunch and saw a movie and never walked more than a few blocks. We then walked back got our luggage and grabbed a cab to the airport. very easy..

I posted this same question on the carnival forum, we too have a later flight out of Tampa. I was given the same answers you got here. So they must be accurate. Good luck, when do you sail? I went back and looked- you sail in april- we are in Dec.

Yes we sail in April. Are you going on Legend as well? Hope you have a great cruise in December. Let me know how your cruise was and what you did post cruise when you return.

Thanks,

Marcy :)

we were in the same position in October after our Legend cruise. When you walk out of the port after getting your luggage, it's a couple doors down..you are basically still in the same port building. THey will store your luggage for a flat rate of $10..no matter how many pieces. We spent time at the aquarium, had lunch and saw a movie and never walked more than a few blocks. We then walked back got our luggage and grabbed a cab to the airport. very easy..

Thanks T&KCruisers,

I seems so easy I had thought about the Channelside Complex but didn't want to drag luggage around. How was your Legend cruise? Meeting my Son and DIL and grandson for this cruise. It's their spring break and since they live in Georgia and I live in Tennessee don't get to see them a lot except holidays so looking forward to spending the week with them.

Thanks,

Marcy

Exiting the Tampa cruise terminal, the adjacent storefront/office on the corner of the terminal is a Hertz (I believe) car rental. We stored all our luggage for a $7 fee. They sold Aquarium tickets w/$4 discount. A couple of storefronts down the street is a Tampa visitors information center. The cruise terminal is on Channelside Drive, and as posted previously, has the ChannelSide complex. There is a bowling alley in the complex with the world's biggest bowling pin outside. There is also a wine store for anyone wishing to purchase wine pre-cruise for carry-on. We were searching for a place to cash a winning Florida Lottery ticket that we forgot to cash pre-cruise and had to walk several blocks down Channelside Ave to the BP gas station. We had a 4:00 flight and ended up just going back to the airport before noon. United allowed check-in but, they do not allow luggage checked-in prior to 4 hours before flight departure time.

If you want to do an actual tour, call that Destination Tampa place ahead of time to get current information and make reservations. We are scheduled to sail the Legend in February. There are NO cruise line tours offered for after our cruise. So (about a month ago) I called Carnival and asked if they'd be posted later, or possibly on the ship. Answer was no. They referred me to the Destination Tampa site as an option.

I called Destination Tampa and found out from them, that they actually ARE the same company that used to provide tours for Carnival in Tampa (and are located right in/agacent to the terminal). She also said that they discontinued or were just about to discontinue the tours, due to financial issues. But they were willing to arrange a personal tour for individual groups, priced according to what we'd want to see. The price was huge and the sights available to see, sounded boring.

Yes they do sell discounted tickets to the Aquarium, Busch Gardens, and a few other places, if you have more time.

Yes, they also watch bags for a fee , but only until four o'clock pm.

Edited by Gayle V

If you want to do an actual tour, call that Destination Tampa place ahead of time to get current information and make reservations. We are scheduled to sail the Legend in February. There are NO cruise line tours offered for after our cruise. So (about a month ago) I called Carnival and asked if they'd be posted later, or possibly on the ship. Answer was no. They referred me to the Destination Tampa site as an option.

I called Destination Tampa and found out from them, that they actually ARE the same company that used to provide tours for Carnival in Tampa (and are located right in/agacent to the terminal). She also said that they discontinued or were just about to discontinue the tours, due to financial issues. But they were willing to arrange a personal tour for individual groups, priced according to what we'd want to see. The price was huge and the sights available to see, sounded boring.

Yes they do sell discounted tickets to the Aquarium, Busch Gardens, and a few other places, if you have more time.

Yes, they also watch bags for a fee , but only until four o'clock pm.

Thanks, quess that's not a good option now. I will most likely just go to Channelside shopping area.

Marcy

We have a similar question but we are looking for info on arriving in Tampa on Saturday and parking at a hotel. Any comments on where to stay that will shuttle us to and from the port? Our cruise in on the Legend Feb 5 (SuperBowl Sunday)

Posted on Homeport Thread but thought more people would see post here.

Good Morning,

Wanted to ask a quick question before going to work this morning. I'm flying into & out of Tampa for a cruise on Carnival Legend. Family members are driving down from Georgia and will pick me up when I arrive.

My flight home doesn't leave until 3:00 pm and my family will drop me at the airport after the cruise but it will be a long wait and most airports you can't check in for your flight until around 2 hours before your flight.

Is there any types of tours for post cruisers to take that I might get to just pick me up at the port and do so I could arrive later to the airport? I hate to have to sit outside the airport and wait to check in for hours and haul my luggage around.

Any suggestion and information would be great.

Thanks so much in advance for you help.:)

• 3 years later...

Have a great cruise!!

I realize this thread is a little old. I will be sailing out of Tampa soon and I was wondering if the place to store luggage was still there.

I realize this thread is a little old. I will be sailing out of Tampa soon and I was wondering if the place to store luggage was still there.

I know it was there last May.

I'm quite certain it's still there.

I can see this thread is old but the information is relevant.

If you find yourself with spare time, look in the terminal for someone named Brian. He's our very own Captain Carnival and calls the boarding zones. He'll entertain your day with trivia about Carnival and if you're in need, he'll drop you off at the airport as it is on his way home from work. I hear he also gives discounted tours of Tampa.