Boston Sports bar

NoWhiners

Hi everyone

I'll be in Boston next weekend, staying 1 block from Downtown Crossing on the T. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sports bars to watch NFL football on Sunday? Doesn't need to be fancy, but safe, casual, and not way expensive!

Thanks for any help

ML

Hi ML - A good choice is to head over towards the Boston Garden, lots of bars to choose from there. About a 15 minute walk from Downtown Crossing, or a quick jump on the T (Green Line or Orange Line) will get you there quickly. The Fours is always a good bet, local bar, pub food, always busy.

starquest

Thanks for the reply. Can you just tell me which direction to take the T? Is Boston Garden the stop?

a 15 minute walk sounds nice too, if the weather is OK. Is this a safe walk?

thank you for your help!

ML

You would take the Orange Line at Downtown Crossing direction Oak Grove and get off at North Station - 3 stops - State, Haymarket, and North Station. I think it's a safe walk, but you really need a map because the streets can be confusing. Basically you can walk up Washington St (sometimes not on the map because it's closed to normal traffic). This ends at Court and State St. where the Old State House is - go right for a short block on State and left on Congress. You walk past Faneuil Hall and the Holocaust Memorial and past the Haymarket Bus Station. Stay on the right side of the street. You can cross New Chardon St. and look for Canal St which is where the Fours is.

Archived