Mexican cuisine workshop & tasting

pcreek

Anyone experience this excursion in Cozumel?

We are booked on it and would LOVE to hear what anyone has to say.

Thanks!:D

I've always wanted to do this but never have. Looks like great fun....especially with the tequila provided. I know the excursion always sells out. Have fun!

My wife and I did this last May and enjoyed it very much. About 24-30 of us in the "class". We start off by putting on our Chef's hats, ordering our first round of drinks and getting set at a cooking station (two people per). The head chef was very good, guiding us thru the preperation of a three course meal. We did mixing and preping and some saute. They took the plates off to another kitchen where the main course was baked. We had each personalized our plates with decorations so we could id later. When finished we went upstairs to a dinning area and were served the finished meals, with another round of drinks. After lunch we were free to hang around at the resort's beach. If you like food and cooking this is a great excursion.

My wife and I did this last May and enjoyed it very much. About 24-30 of us in the "class". We start off by putting on our Chef's hats, ordering our first round of drinks and getting set at a cooking station (two people per). The head chef was very good, guiding us thru the preperation of a three course meal. We did mixing and preping and some saute. They took the plates off to another kitchen where the main course was baked. We had each personalized our plates with decorations so we could id later. When finished we went upstairs to a dinning area and were served the finished meals, with another round of drinks. After lunch we were free to hang around at the resort's beach. If you like food and cooking this is a great excursion.

Thank you! This sounds like it's going to be perfect!! Is it a long ride from the port? Did you happen to post a review w/ photos?

Thanks again!

We've done this one multiple times and will probably go again this year. Chef Luis is amazing and we always have a blast. Lots of fun. It is unlimited booze both during and after the class. The bus ride each way is about 20+ minutes. Nice place, good beach and activities also. Well worth the time and money.

We've done this one multiple times and will probably go again this year. Chef Luis is amazing and we always have a blast. Lots of fun. It is unlimited booze both during and after the class. The bus ride each way is about 20+ minutes. Nice place, good beach and activities also. Well worth the time and money.

Really??!?? I did not know about the unlimited booze - an added perk! :D

Really looking forward to this! Thank you!

Is there a place to change into swimsuit there?

Really??!?? I did not know about the unlimited booze - an added perk! :D

Really looking forward to this! Thank you!

Is there a place to change into swimsuit there?

Restrooms, nice pool, shops, bars, beach. You can utilize everything!

Restrooms, nice pool, shops, bars, beach. You can utilize everything!

What is the unlimited booze. For example a lot of the Jamaica tours have a rum punch. Is the booze a specific drink like a margarita? I like tequilla but not crazy about margaritas.

This sounds like something we would definately be interested in.

Well, they had a "real" bar and bartender. Pretty wide selection of drinks I think. I'm a Margarita guy, so that was my poison. Pretty much whatever you wanted, within reason. No cognac or such!!!:D

And they do have changing areas and lockers. Nice beach.

Well, they had a "real" bar and bartender. Pretty wide selection of drinks I think. I'm a Margarita guy, so that was my poison. Pretty much whatever you wanted, within reason. No cognac or such!!!:D

And they do have changing areas and lockers. Nice beach.

Very nice! I think we made a good choice.

Thanks for all the great info, everybody!:D

Archived