kids clubs

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

My son will be 11 when we cruise in January (his birthday is in March). So he will be real close to the cut off age of 12 to join the next level up kids club (sorry don't remember the names). He is mature for his age and I'm sure would much rather hang out with older kids as opposed to the younger. How strict are they on the age policy?

On the Triumph in January, my Daughter was 8 and would be 9 in February, they offered for her to move up. I have seen mixed answers to this question. I think it has a lot to do with the number of children in each age group at the time of sailing. In January, there are not a lot of children, over the holidays and summer there are more children, and probably less leeway, (sp?). I say it does not hurt to ask during the open time before embarkation, don't wait until registration, too busy.

We have had our request granted once and turned down once.

It depends upon how crowded each age group is; how close the child is to their next birthday (if I remember correctly, it has to be within 2 or 3 months); and the mood of the camp carnival director/supervisor.

That being said, our 8 year old (who was denied moving up to the 9-11 group) still had a great time in the 6-8 year old group. He met a kid he liked and they hung out all week; so don't worry about it.

That being said, our 8 year old (who was denied moving up to the 9-11 group) still had a great time in the 6-8 year old group. He met a kid he liked and they hung out all week; so don't worry about it.

There are different rules for the under 8s and the over 9s. The under 8s need to be signed out and 9 & over can sign themselves out. This might have been the situation with your son.

My son will be 11 when we cruise in January (his birthday is in March). So he will be real close to the cut off age of 12 to join the next level up kids club (sorry don't remember the names). He is mature for his age and I'm sure would much rather hang out with older kids as opposed to the younger. How strict are they on the age policy?

I was in the same situation-- I had NO PROBLEM moving my daughter up last Thanksgiving... may depend on who you talk to.

We were on the Dream in Oct. And there were only about 600 kids on board. The Camp Carnival staff were very strict about our request to move our kids UP, but they were happy to allow my niece and nephew to both move DOWN a level so that they could be with their cousins (my kids). Both ont niece and nephew had Sept. birthdays (turned 9 and 12), so they were within one month. When I asked originally, the first question I got was in regards to when their birthdays were. Our youngest had turned 5 two months prior to our cruise and we really wanted him to be with his older brother (in the 6-8 yr. Group). They adamantly rejected this request, which turned out to be fine. Our 5 year old had an absolute blast in Camp Carnival---did all kinds of cool art projects, etc. He did cry the first time we brought him, but they gave us a cell phone (checked out for the duration of the cruise) so that the staff could call me if he didn't do well and I could also call them to check on my son. Didn't end up needing the phone after that first time, but it was a nice option. FYI, my 2 girls and my niece were in the 9-11 group, and they offered late night events for this group. One of then was called "Fun 'til One" and was held from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m. There was a fee (around $16 I think)...They got little trinkets (cheap Camp Carnival backpack, toothbrush, stuffed animal, stickers, etc)...The second to the last night of our cruise, they offered a party from 10-3 a.m. ($33 I think). I was not going to allow it (included a Pizza Pigout and mini golf), but the girls were so excited to spend time with their new friends so we finally gave in. We have 2 younger boys so we were in our cabin sleeping by 10:30, and they even walk the kids back to the cabins at 3 a.m. My girls has the best time at Camp Carnival! They are still talking about how fun it was!

There are different rules for the under 8s and the over 9s. The under 8s need to be signed out and 9 & over can sign themselves out. This might have been the situation with your son.

I don't think that is a problem because the parents have to allow them to sign in and out. When DD moved up, the couselor told me even though she would be with the 9-11 year old, she would not be given the option to sign in and out.

I really think it depends on the age of the Child, (how close they are to the next group up), number of children in each age group, and the whim of the head couselor.

I don't think that is a problem because the parents have to allow them to sign in and out. When DD moved up, the couselor told me even though she would be with the 9-11 year old, she would not be given the option to sign in and out.

I really think it depends on the age of the Child, (how close they are to the next group up), number of children in each age group, and the whim of the head couselor.

You are exactly correct. The kids in the 9-11 group have to have a signed permission slip from parents/guardians allowing them to sign themselves in and out, and believe me, when my son turns 9, that will be a NEGATIVE!

Archived