Spirit Windows handicap access off 4th floor

christiecruise

Hello CCers,

I searched the NCL thread for "Spirit Windows handicap access", and after quite a bit of reading did not find my answer - so I hope one of you can help.

We are sailing on the Spirit with my parents in Dec., and I am trying to cover all of the bases for my Dad. He has bad knees and walking down stairs is problematic, but he is not in a wheelchair but does not like to draw attention to himself.

Does the Spirit's main access to the Windows dining room from the elevators require a walk down a (beautiful) staircase to the dining level? We were on the Jade last year and this was the case. If so, is there a way to access the Windows dining room from the dining level without having to have it specially arranged?

I believe that the Garden Dining room does not have a staircase, but I have an intuition that Mom and Dad will prefer to eat in Windows ;)

Thanks for your help!

I don't have any personal experience, but it looks to me (from various pictures on the Internet) like you enter on Deck 5 and there is not a big stairway.

I do not see elevators below Deck 5....in other NCL ships that do have the stairway, there is a single elevator that goes to the main floor of the MDR for the use of mobility challenged passengers.

if there are stairs, there will be an elevator...they would not be allowed to not have access for wheelchairs or such. it's been awhile for me, i seem to remember the menu being at the start to the stairway down to the windows. we only ate there once, we preferred the gardens. usually, like on the star, there is a side elevator for wheelchairs. i wouldn't stress over it, it's the main DR..they won't have it so some ppl couldn't use it.

Archived