Triumph, mini-review, lightbulbs, stabalizers, Dream encounter, wow !

Princesss

Just back off the triumph today, mini review as follows:

- Embarkation was jus as fast as it could be.

- Debarkation was super fast, we were off by 8:30am !

- The staff is nice as usual and the boat is nice and clean

- Yes there is a vibration in the back, like some sort of "shuddering' I guess you can call it. You can feel it in the Paris dining room.

- Camp Carnival was great, as usual.

- Food was good and seemed normal to me, not sure why all the hoopla.

- We sailed full yet not as many chair hogs as usual.

- No light bulbs accross the top.

Thursday night the boat was ROCKIN AND ROLLIN moreso than I have ever seen. I was in 1003, and it felt like a high elevator going up- going down - going up- going down - going up- going down... etc etc. After being unable to sleep for a couple of hours, at approx 3:30 am.

Nobody was anywhere to be seen as I looked down to the lobby, from the elevator area. Then, as I was on Lido looking down, I happened upon 2 very nice and informative Carnival employees ! One was in the Rome Lounge band & I am not sure who the other was - I am not sure, but the other employees were calling him sir and acting like they knew.. he said he was a dj then when I asked him more he just laughed and said sometimes he "stands in" so I am not sure, as that was not the topic of conversation. Anyway, they both had name tags on (His just said Alex)

and invited me to go get pizza, so as we walked & talked I got a lot of great info ! We stood out on the Lido a while talking & they said the ship was rocking so bad a few weeks ago, they had to cancel all the shows. I asked about the alleged "stabalizer problem" and they said it has been fixed. HOWEVER they said the stabalizers are not used at night and were pulled in, so the ship could move faster as it went north from Cozumel to Galveston. I asked what time are they turned off & they said @ 11:30pm ! (who knew ??)

Then I asked why there are no light bulbs all along the top like the other ships. They said eventually the lightbulbs will be removed from the entire fleet, for safety reasons & airplanes, etc. They said even the lights that light up the funnels will go away. They also said the Triumph passed the Dream the other day. I did not get to see it but they were saying it was so cool because the Dream lit more lights all up then the Triumph did also then the Dream did it again, and then the Triumoh, and went back and forth a few times and it was really cool to see. I wish I could have seen that ! I also asked if the Dream will be a smoother ride than the Triumph since it is so much bigger. (after all, the conversation did start off about the ships heavy rocking) The one who said he was in the band said that doesnt make a difference because even huge aircraft carriers can rock pretty bad, and he knows from experience.. then they invited me to the pizza place so we ealked back there and they ordered pizza and even ordered me pepperoni pizza, and what suprised me is they each gave $2.00 to the pizza people. I didn't ask why, but was wondering if the have to pay for theirs or if it was a tip ? They were so nice and friendly, and invited me to sit and eat however I had to get back to my room, but they were really very nice and it put my mind at ease and made me feel better, after not being able to sleep because of the motion. I did have a really bad experience though, but that had nothing to do with Carnival. This good experience more than made up for it !

Wow! Cool mini review! I was on the Dream in December 2010 and there were some pretty high winds... we could feel the ship rock even while walking in the hallway to our stateroom! I don't get car/seasick so it didn't bother me but I could certainly feel it! We were in stateroom 7378.

5295470308_59ccb473c0_z.jpg

That's a 77.85 MPH Wind!!!

OMG I love the pic of the TV screen !!

Oh yeah, inquiring minds may want to know- no flat screens in any rooms that i saw, only big bulky tv's

Thanks! We kept the TV on that station the whole time - we loved seeing where we were and all the stats of our current position/speed!

Maybe flatscreens are in the future of that ship... I can't imagine them keeping bulky CRTs in all the rooms (what a waste of space!)... probably just have to wait for the Funship 2.0 upgrades.

Oh and another fun high-winds photo:

5295495062_1b7762370b_z.jpg

Archived