Cheap/quick transportation from Tampa airport to port?

tinkmom

My husband will be flying in the morning of our cruise. Would rather not pay $25 for a cab if there is a less expensive shuttle he can take instead.

Are there shuttles available for walk up? Decent prices? Long waits to depart?

Thanks for info and experiences. :)

There are shuttles available from the TPA aiport to the port for about $12+ per person; if he is arriving the day of the cruise they should be filling up and departing regularly. The cruiseline transfer bus for about $18 is another option, but will likely have a longer wait.

Good luck! :)

Maybe you could see if there is anyone on your flight that is going on the cruise and wants to share a taxi. We flew in the night before and there were a few folks also going on our same cruise so you never know.

If not, I would just spring the $25 plus tip for the taxi. You will not have to wait for the shuttle to fill up. It would only be a mere few dollars savings, if that, anyway. Good luck and have a great time. :)

I'm thinking if he can get a ride for $12ish, even if he waits a few minutes, that would be better than paying for a cab.

Are the shuttles easily found at a ground transportation level? Sounds like he can more or less wing it that day -- if he finds a cheap shuttle leaving soon, then he can take it; if not, he'll grab a cab.

Thanks. :)

Archived