Carnival can do it -- RC Can't ?????

Bigtex1622

How dare RCCL not meet your needs? Forget the rest of us who have to fly to ANY port to go on ANY itinerary.

My needs, I am just thinking of theirs.

If you had only one Ice cream store that sold Vanilla and chocolate only.

But a crappy place opened that had strawberry also, would you not ask why.

Would they not loose money from people going to get the strawberry.

Because you do not want to make it.

As far as me living next to a port, yes I do, and last I heard you could too.

But we all choose where we live. THANK GOD FOR AMERICA.

I have tried to get family to FLY to Florida to do a eastern.

But if we are going to fly and do a cruise, they want Hawaii.

So yes we too will be FLYING to Hawaii, oh poor me.

Unfortunately RC only does 14- 15 days,

and we do not want a bunch of sea days coming and going to the west coast.

Would rather spend the money at hotels in Hawaii and spend the time there.

:rolleyes:

well said bigtex1622 ! I dont even live in America so it makes no difference to me what ports you are able to visit but I am all for having more choices. I could drive to a UK port and cruise from here but I prefer to fly to America to cruise to the caribbean . Im not ready for a trans atlantic yet.

I hope some day you get your wish and are able to cruise to the eastern caribbean with royal

Celebrity did try a 10 and 11 day cruise from Galveston, as I recall, which included Eastern and Southern Caribbean. It even did a partial Panama Canal enter/exit. I guess it was not successful because Celebrity is not in Galveston anymore. Galveston is getting the return of Princess, and also Disney. (It will be interesting to have two ship's both called the "Magic" departing from Galveston next year.) But I think all of these cruises will be Western Caribbean. It is just not possible to go to a "real" Eastern Caribbean from Galveston on a 7-day cruise -- places like St. Thomas and St. Marteen. It take more than 2 full days just to go from Jamaica to Galveston.

Maybe someday the USA will restore relations with Cuba. Then Cuba will probably be used instead of Jamaica, at least for some cruise lines. (Royal Caribbean has a rather sizable investment in Falmouth, Jamaica, so RCI probably won't change.) Or maybe Cuba could be used instead of Cayman -- not sure if this is possible (not sure of the miles/knots required).

Maybe someday the USA will restore relations with Cuba. Then Cuba will probably be used instead of Jamaica, at least for some cruise lines. (Royal Caribbean has a rather sizable investment in Falmouth, Jamaica, so RCI probably won't change.) Or maybe Cuba could be used instead of Cayman -- not sure if this is possible (not sure of the miles/knots required).

We probably have to wait until the Castro boys turn in their spoon before we'll easily be able to go to Cuba. There are cruises that leave from other locations, the UK for example, that do go to Cuba, but when I enquired I was told they would not board US passports.

Archived