Outlets in Accessible Rooms

marshacher

Does anyone know how many outlets there are in the Accessible rooms on the Emerald Princess. We have 2 pieces of equip that need to be charged at night and were told not to use the power strips. Any comment on this. We have a scooter and an Inogen One G2 portable concentrator.

Thanks.

Princess is my company of choice. I always bring a heavy duty triple tap for the outlet by the desk. I ask the room steward for an extension cord, and he brings me a heavy duty 25' cord. I plug the scooter in at the desk (and also the computer or any other one item) and then run the extension under the bed to my side and hook the POC up there.

Hope this helps.

M.

Mindy97 - do you plug both the scooter and oxygen concentrator into the 3 or 5 outlet power strip? Define "heavy duty triple tap". The Inogen instructions were not to use a power strip. I'm hoping there's more than 1 outlet in the cabin. There was on our other cruise line last year.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a scooter and DH uses a CPAP machine. I plug the scooter into the plug at the desk. We put the CPAP on the bedside table and plug it into the European 240 plug on the wall behind the bed. You lose the use of one of the bedside lamps if you do this. The CPAP is dual voltage but of course has an American 110 plug. We simply use a plug adaptor. The steward always helps by pulling the bed away from the wall so we can access the plug and then pushing the bed back. The last time we were on Emerald we were in Caribe 312 an inside accessible cabin.

A 3-plug heavy duty adapter is NOT a power strip. It is a short, fat plug which makes a single outlet into three. It is generally orange colored, same as the heavy duty extension cords. If I haven't made myself clear enough let me know and I will try to find a picture of one online for you.

Fern

• 3 weeks later...

On Princess I always ask my room steward for a heavy duty extension cord so that I can charge my POC at bedside as I sleep. Once I forgot to plug it in and woke up frantic. The batteries still had a bit of juice, so I was OK, but definitely worried me. I learned that having the extension cord isn't enough; I have to plug the POC into it. DUH.

M

Archived