ms Ryndam - cabin selection question(s)

canuckcruiser00

Hi all,

I am looking at booking a summer euro cruise on the ms Ryndam, and needed some help picking a cabin (first time cruiser). Since I'll be sticking to an interior room, within my budget I have M, L, K and I rooms available to choose from.

Ideally I'm looking for a room where there will be as little noise as possible above me, so I'm trying to avoid heavy-traffic areas above. Based on what I've read, decks 4 and 5 have rooms above/below them (M, L (deck 5) and K (deck 5). In addition, I also read that deck 10 is a "desirable" deck to be on only because this is where the penthouse/top suites are located - however, this deck is also located below the lido deck.

I just wanted to a) confirm if my research is about right, and b) get some suggestions as to which inside rooms would be an ideal choice

Thanks in advance.

Consider the HH (fully obstructed) Oceanview rooms towards the front of Lower Promenade deck.They can be a very good value in a good location---just a few doors away from the beautiful teak promenade and the wonderful sea views.They are a little larger than standard insides and have a tub/shower in the bath room.The showroom is overhead but has never bothered us as we are usually at the late show (10 PM) and never heard any noise after the show.The cabins are close to the atrium,stairs, and elevators.I usually find them to run about the same price as an inside---especailly with Mariner pricing. We have one booked for our February cruise---hoping for a reasonable upsell to a C or DD but we can easily live with our HH if necessary.Hope this helps.

In addition, I also read that deck 10 is a "desirable" deck to be on only because this is where the penthouse/top suites are located - however, this deck is also located below the lido deck.
It doesn't look to me that the Navigation deck I cabins are under an area that would be noisy, except maybe during the day when a loud band may be playing by the Lido pool bar. However, I disagree that that deck would be any more desirable just because the suites are there. Your best "ride" on the ship in rough water would be down low, and would suggest that you choose a Main Deck K ... for less money than the I.

If you were to consider Dive Master's suggestion of an HH, I would not choose one far forward, but rather one near the aft elevators: 396, 398, 399, or 401. We've had DD cabins in that area and they are not noisy. Definitely don't pick anything under the galley!

FWIW I did quite a bit of research on interior Ryndam cabins before booking my M class cabin assignment choosing 778 on deck 4 as a good location midship with no public spaces or restaurants on the deck above.

I could've saved a few dollars and gone with a MM cabin guarantee but would've given up picking the specific cabin and for the difference opted to know where I was booked and not have to risk a poorer assigmnent close in to the departure.

The category M by accounts here are larger than on some ships so should be a comfortable stay for this solo traveller.

Good luck in your decision and happy sails! :)

For some reason HH is much more expensive than even the other oceanview rooms, ...
That happens when HAL reaches the point that they don't want to sell any more guarantees for them, and they jack the price way up. Before that they are the lowest price outsides.

My favourite K cabins on Main deck are 548 and 549 - larger than others, and configured a bit different to improve traffic flow/space use. Because of that, often book out early, but no harm in checking/asking for either specifically.

I'd be happy in any of the other K (more midship the better) on Main. Unless there's a huge price difference, would ignore the M/L, book K.

Agree with jtl513 on cat I - only more so. Not for me. The times I've seen them, they even appeared smaller than other insides.

My favourite inside cabins are the lower prom deck J's, just steps from the promenade. Most recently stayed in Ryndam 354. However, if there are selective sales, and the J's are priced high (like the HH), I'd go for a K.

My favourite inside cabins are the lower prom deck J's, just steps from the promenade.
Can I change my mind on what I said a couple of posts back? I think a Lower Prom J would be better than a Main K, for proximity to outside, the launderette, and the Atrium stairs up to the many things on the Promenade. :)

Archived