Carnival Dolphin Cove excursion in Jamaica

lilyfrog73

I searched and asked on the Jamaica board and didn't get any info. We are looking at the Dolphin Cove / Dunn's Falls excursion on our upcoming Freedom cruise in January. Has anyone done this excursion? What did you get to do? We are not looking for the swim with the dolphins because we know that is extra, just what is included with regular admission. Thanks!!!

I did the Dolphin Encounter and Dunn River Falls Excursion when we went to Ocho Rios on the Destiny.

We boarded the bus and were driven to the Dolphin Cove, we were assigned a time shot based on whether we were doing the encounter or swim or just viewing. Once our time came we got an instruction tutorial, about 15-20 minutes. Then we went into the water, which was knee high on me (I am 5feet 5inches or so) my 7 year old and 6 year old neice could stand no problem. Then the dolphin swam by and we got to pet it and then kiss it. We were in the water for 15 minutes or so. Then we were able to walk around and when ever we wanted to board a shuttle to Dunn River, there we could either walk the stairs or actually walk in the falls themselves, then at anytime board a shuttle back to the ship.

We wanted to do the swim, but were concerned it would be too hard for my 7yr old. We were not in the water long at all with the Dolphins :(

I have not been there recently , was there 3 years ago

We did not book thru ccl

Alone with the encounter and swim they also had a shark thing to watch

A barbecue , bar , some shops , crafts a little trail to walk thru

Sitting area near the water or under shade

Pretty nice place .... Great jerk chicken And cold red strip

We didn't even look at stingrays, so I can't answer that for you. I will say you need to book the swim or encounter before hand, you can not just show up and upgrade to the swim or encounter, they only have limited spots for each of them so if they are booked you will be out of luck.

Archived