Royal Caribbean 7 night vs Princess 10 night?

Brudette

My husband and I are planning our second cruise, and we're torn. We're looking at 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas, or a 10 night with Princess Cruises on the Emerald Princess. Both are Eastern Caribbean itinerary in April 2012. The Princess cruise has 6 ports of call while the RCI one only has 3. About the same price. Which would you recommend?

A little background: We took a Royal Caribbean cruise a couple years ago (on the Freedom of the Seas, Western itinerary) and loved it. We've never cruised with Princess. We're 28 and 30 years old, not taking kids, and love to have fun both on the ship and at the ports. Is the Emerald Princess a nice ship, and have enough to keep us busy? How is the Princess Cays port of call?

Would love opinions, thanks!

Mary

The longer the better in my book!;) Go with Princess, if only for the additional ports alone! Unless you're simply sailing for the amenities offered on the ship.... I still believe Princess would have plenty to offer with activities, etc. We just prefer more ports and less sea days, and the extra three days onboard would be the tipping point for us as well. Besides, we're not fans of the monster ships, would much prefer the size of the Princess ship over RCCL.

I've never cruised on a Princess ship, but despite Oasis being the biggest (okay, Allure is slightly bigger) cruise ship around, I'd take the Princess ship for the extra three days. If you cruise mainly for relaxation and seeing new places, the three extra ports will make it worth the time, as will the additional days of being pampered. At about the same cost, take Princess. One final note: if you loved the Flowrider, rock wall, and ice skating on Freedom of the Seas, then Princess may not offer as many activities for you. If you are content to enjoy the services of a good staff (from what I observed on a brief tour of Sapphire Princess, they're as polite and helpful as on RCCL) and a more relaxed vacation onboard, then Princess is the right choice.

Yea 10 days over 7 days and more ports to boot sways me.

BUT.....I'm really looking forward to trying out the worlds two largest cruise ships, Oasis\Allure of the Seas and will be doing so probably in the fall of 2012. Generally speaking the newer and larger the boat the better. :cool:

Archived