Intercontinental club lounge

Minmounce

I have booked the Intercontinental in Miami a rate that I am happy with $105 per night. So after I booked they offer a possible upgrade at check in $39 for club floor access. I am not able to find very much information about their club lounge other than afternoon cocktails. Has anybody used this or does anybody have any information on this?

I'd give them a call for their exact extras. Most club type privleges include an afternoon cocktail, maybe a continental breakfast and a private concierge. They have their own "lounge" on the floor, usually at the upper floor/floors. Sometimes the rooms are a bit larger or they have upgraded bathroom amenities.

We haven't found it it "worth" the money in most cases. We like to get out for our cocktails and meals. Definitely not wanting to sit in a smallish room with a few people we don't know. Others think it makes them feel special and worth the fee. It's a personal preference.

I will go with the club floors. You can have breakfast there, light snacks and drinks. I find it all convenient and if you were going to eat at the hotel the charges for breakfast in the restaurant are offset by portion of the charges you pay for the club floor. I realize that often people have breakfast at Bayside but this just gives you a nice option at the hotel.

Keith

I can't give any information on the club floor access. Just wondering where you got this great rate from and when you are staying there. We would like to go back in March, but I can't seem to find a price break on this hotel.

I am a federal government employee so I qualify for the government rate.

I will say that they have changed their policy on government rates by requiring you to use your government credit card to pay and as I don't want to get fired for using a government cc for personal use :D I called the intercontinental directly and they were super nice and will allow me to use my personal cc.

So if I only pay $105 for the room and upgrade to the club level for $39 I am still only looking at $144 per night which is still a good rate.

Since we are priority members this is the floor we are sent to check in at. We have always had a drink and a snack but can't remember any more about it. I can't imagine why you would want to pay an extra 39.00 for it. It was always just a time saver so we did not have to stand in line.

Breakfast, snacks, drinks, newspapers, service, wine, comfort, etc.

Keith

I am a federal government employee so I qualify for the government rate.

I will say that they have changed their policy on government rates by requiring you to use your government credit card to pay and as I don't want to get fired for using a government cc for personal use :D I called the intercontinental directly and they were super nice and will allow me to use my personal cc.

So if I only pay $105 for the room and upgrade to the club level for $39 I am still only looking at $144 per night which is still a good rate.

This is good to know. I'm a federal employee also and saw that so ended up booking the JW Marriott instead. I'll have to check out the Government rate for my precruise night in May. My only problem is I will need 2 rooms (1 for friends) and Marriotts will let me book 2. Not sure if the Intercontinental will. Guess I'll have to call. Thanks for the info, enjoy your stay!~

This is good to know. I'm a federal employee also and saw that so ended up booking the JW Marriott instead. I'll have to check out the Government rate for my precruise night in May. My only problem is I will need 2 rooms (1 for friends) and Marriotts will let me book 2. Not sure if the Intercontinental will. Guess I'll have to call. Thanks for the info, enjoy your stay!~

When I called I just asked to speak to the manager on duty. They put a notation on our reservation and I also had them send me a follow up email. Hope this helps.

A few years ago, we stay at that same IC in Miami. We were offered the upgrade and took it.....THANK GOD, we did.

A fierce tropical storm come thru that evening. Impossible to even leave the hotel, but no worries, in the club lounge there was heavy hor'dovers, easily enough for dinner, and free breakfast and soft drinks the next morning. If we had not had that, either we would have gone to bed hungry or paid a lot for room service (if even available.

Yes the storm was so bad, that our ship did not dock that morning in Miami and we were bussed to Tampa.

Archived