Disembarking/embarking at ports of call

Is it easy to hop on and off the ship at ports of call?

I am going on Dream in January, the day in Aruba is a long one, I wondered if is a viable option to go to the beach in the morning, then get back onto the ship, shower and change and check out the town in the afternoon?

(Also any Aruba tips gratefully recieved!)

Hi there, I don,t know Aruba, but you can come and go all day when ship is in port. Even if you have to tender , you can go back and to as often as you like. It,s a great idea to go on beach in morning, then back to ship, shower and change, spot of lunch and off you go sightseeing,:) brilliant day!

You can wander off and on as many times as you like as long as your back for her sailing ;)

Security checks at all times,off and on....Very little or no queuing when we were getting off but we tended to wait till all those on organised excursion were away.

I am always checking this site, its brilliant for info. No queues as such, perhaps a few in front of you, and maybe when you have to tender but nothing major. You are always security checked on and off ship. They just zap your card and check that you are the person that is on the screen. Never had our bags searched , there was a machine there, like at airport but it wasn,t used on our cruise. What cruise are you on ? :cool:

Is it easy to hop on and off the ship at ports of call?

Due to alcohol consumption I usually find it quite difficult to walk yet alone hop.

I was listening to Bad Manners "Lip Up Fatty" Reggae earlier today. Do a Buster Bloodvessel & I'm sure you'll impress.

Enjoy your cruise

Len:cool:

Can you get on and off anytime on the dream next week in the Canaries etc.

Yes, you can get off whenever you want and at Madeira, Gran Canaria, Tenerife and La Palma it is easy to do - you are docked close to town. Lanzarote isn't so convenient, you will need to get the shuttle bus into Costa Teguise or Arrecife or get a taxi as although it's possible to walk out of the port it's not pedestrian friendly. Agadir is also port some distance from the town and although, again, you can get off at will, there isn't anything in the immediate area so you have a fair walk or have to get a taxi or a shuttle into town (if there is one there - sorry, can't remember).

Archived