Carnival Splendor ship time vs Mexico time & disembarking

eye4cruising

I am sure that this has been answered before, but as I am new to cruising (second time) and new to Mexico, I want to be certain. We leave

Dec 11, 2011

We are in Cabo for two days, we arrive at 9:30 am I have a tour arranged for 10 am. Is this enough time to get off the ship and is it the same time or is there a time difference between the ship and Mexico?

Also, what is the time in PV? we arrive at 9 am as well. Is it 9 am in PV too?

Thank you very much.

Long Beach (Where you sail from) is Pacific Time (GMT-8), Cabo is Mountain (GMT-7) and PV is Central (GMT-6) so there are 3 different time zones to deal with. When it's 9 in Long beach, it's 10 in Cabo and 11 in PV. Sometimes the ship changes time to match and sometimes they don't, depends on the cruise line, the CD and the Captain. I just gave up and asked the vendor I was using if the tour I want could be done from the Carnival Splendor. They told me no and suggested a different version. I'd suggest you ask the vendor. Also don't forget, Cabo has no dock, so you tender in and you need to allow some time for that.

Enjoy

Ron

Thank you TNF......I hadn't a clue as to who he was or where to look...or what to look under.... So going into Mexico from LB is 1 hr ahead, after you last stop in Mexico is 1 hr behind...Correct?

Then in Cabo it would be the same time zone as the ship and PV would be 1 hr ahead of the ship....phew...so confusing, but this sure helps. I think I got it...lol :confused::eek::cool:

Ty

ronrythm & TNF

I am sure that this has been answered before, but as I am new to cruising (second time) and new to Mexico, I want to be certain. We leave

Dec 11, 2011

We are in Cabo for two days, we arrive at 9:30 am I have a tour arranged for 10 am. Is this enough time to get off the ship and is it the same time or is there a time difference between the ship and Mexico?

Thank you very much.

I just wanted you to know that you will tender in Cabo. Sometimes they are delayed due to sea conditions and also some cruise lines will let those on their excursions off in tenders first. So just keep in mind that you might not get off for an hour or so after you arrive.

Keith

I am sure that this has been answered before, but as I am new to cruising (second time) and new to Mexico, I want to be certain. We leave Dec 11, 2011

Thank you very much.

Splendor has just arrived. It was 3/4 of the way across the bay at 8:45 local.

2516967970078358666S500x500Q85.jpg

She was in the port, turned and along side the dock by 9:30 local. It is safe to say, based on the last two weeks, that Splendor is at the dock and passengers can disembark at or slightly before 10 AM Vallarta local time.

Enjoy!

Dec 11, 2011

Thank you very much.

The Splendor will be arriving in Cabo on San Diego time both days they are here through at least April 2013. Everything stays on ship time in Cabo, they do not adjust clocks. So if you have booked a tour at 10:00 local, the ship will not be in Cabo yet. They arrive at 9:30 ship or 10:30 local on day 1 and on day 2 at 7:00 ship or 8:00 local. Their usual day 1 is a Tuesday and day 2 is a Wednesday - there are 2 weeks that are abit different. First tender is usually at the pier 20-25 minutes after arrival. The only time the ship and local time is the same is during Daylight Savings and Standard Time changes (April 13/14 2012, April 20/21, April 27/28, then again in the Fall October 30/31st 2012 and March 12/13 2013, March 19/20, March 26/27 and April 2/3 2013). This schedule is only for the Splendor not the Spirit or the ship replacing it.

Just got off the ship on Sunday and ship's time was always one hour BEHIND local time in both Cabo and PV. So make sure you book your excursions accordingly. So 9:30 a.m. ship's time arriving to Cabo would be 10:30 a.m. local time. The vendor should know the basic schedule of the ship, it's there each week.

Also, ship's time stays on Long Beach time through both days in Cabo. But the night you leave Cabo and head to PV, the ship's time moves one hour FORWARD. On the way back to Long Beach, on Friday night, ship's time goes BACK one hour to Long Beach time.

• 4 weeks later...
Our Splendor cruise leaves in 8 days. We visit Cabo and then we go to PV and then back to Cabo. Any ideas what they will do with the time?

Wiz

Wiz, our cruise will be doing the same thing. How did they handle it? Thanks for your help

Ron

Just got off the ship on Sunday and ship's time was always one hour BEHIND local time in both Cabo and PV. So make sure you book your excursions accordingly. So 9:30 a.m. ship's time arriving to Cabo would be 10:30 a.m. local time. The vendor should know the basic schedule of the ship, it's there each week.

Also, ship's time stays on Long Beach time through both days in Cabo. But the night you leave Cabo and head to PV, the ship's time moves one hour FORWARD. On the way back to Long Beach, on Friday night, ship's time goes BACK one hour to Long Beach time.

This is what happened with us last week, December 4th sailing.

gary

So, if you have an excursion booked with Carnival and it says 1:30 departure, does anyone know if that is ship time? It's the dolphin encounter with Carnival/Cabo Dolphins.

I assume the fun times and announcements will tell us all what to do the night before.

Thanks!

Any idea what the splendor will be doing time wise on 2/21 & 2/22 or is that too far out ?

Splendore will be here on ship time that week....they do not adjust their clocks until after they leave Cabo. So 9:30 arrival on 21st is 10:30 local. Hope that helps!

Wiz, our cruise will be doing the same thing. How did they handle it? Thanks for your help

Ron

On the "split" arrival dates, they are arriving on local time but at the scheduled ship time. Meaning on Dec. 26th, they were suppose to be here 9:30-4 ship time (10:30-5 local) but now have changed to 9:30-5:00 local and stay on Cabo time.

Archived