what snorkel excursion to pick on carnival

buzz2400

I am trying to decide which carnival (legend) excursion to pick, either the sergeant's cay snorkel adventure or barrier reef snorkel with beach break. Has anyone done either of these excursions.

We did the Sargeants cay with the manatee from the Legend. No manatees, Snorkeling not so good. I might try the beach break next time.

FYI, we just returned from a snorkel trip with Coral Breeze Tours which was great as always & we were also on the Legend which left Tampa a week ago today 11/13.

Why join the huge crowds on a ship's tour when on our boat was only a total of eight people, excluding the crew on three !! And the local lunch on Caye Caulker was again the best.

Look up their web site for all of the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the goff's caye excursion 2x through Carnival off the Legend. The boat picks you up at the ship and rides you out to the caye about 20 mins or so away. The group was not that large, maybe 20-30. The guides were friendly and helpful. They were in the water with you for about an hour. Reef and fish were beautiful.

Had about 45-1hr beach break afterwards. There is a small area to purchase food and trinkets as well as port o potties.

I loved it, felt like a small Gilligan's island. :D

• 2 years later...

I am going on the Carnival Legend and do you know if they changed the name of the excursion you took on the Carnival Legend? The names now are Sergeants Cay Snorkel and the other is Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef. I was leaning towards the Barrier Reef.

Any thoughts?

Edited by momof02kidz

I am going on the Carnival Legend and do you know if they changed the name of the excursion you took on the Carnival Legend? The names now are Sergeants Cay Snorkel and the other is Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef. I was leaning towards the Barrier Reef.

Any thoughts?

We are also on the Legend (1/19/14) and I am curious about this also...

mousefansmom,

I decided to pick the snorkeling barrier reef. I am hesitant using outside vendors and after doing much research the outside vendors were pretty comparable in price. I did not get the one with the beach added because it wsd more money to just get a lounge chair and each wad the saje duration, I am going in February, if you decide to do this one please post your review.

What are you doing in Isla Roatan? I am doing Tabyana Beach Break

mousefansmom,

I decided to pick the snorkeling barrier reef. I am hesitant using outside vendors and after doing much research the outside vendors were pretty comparable in price. I did not get the one with the beach added because it wsd more money to just get a lounge chair and each wad the saje duration, I am going in February, if you decide to do this one please post your review.

What are you doing in Isla Roatan? I am doing Tabyana Beach Break

This is my second time on this route...so this time we are going to just hang around Mahogany Beach. We used Theris Dixon last time we were in Roatan and had a private guide for the day (have also done this in other ports). They were WONDERFUL to work with...we brought supplies to the school and orphanage and then went to a Beach for shopping...we went to West Bay Beach I think. The guide helped us to make sure that when we bought items that we were charged appropriately, and when we bought groceries for the orphanage, he walked through with us to help us with the dollar conversion. Very safe to do this in Roatan versus Belize...but I have heard great things about Tabyana too!

We walked to the beach but it was so crowded we could not find any chairs close enough to see the water. We ended up walking back to the shops and back to the ship. It was in May a couple of years ago and it was so hot that day. This year we are going to Tabyana beach. Does anyone know how much a taxi is to the beach?

I agree using the ship excursion. I cannot worry about outside vendors, again like ni researched you are not saving that much. When are you going on your cruise? What are your plans for Belize? I am leaning towards snorkeling barrier Reef without the beach break.

• 4 weeks later...

We were just on the Magic a couple of weeks ago & did the Sergeant Cay excursion. We weren't that impressed. (See my review - with pictures - in my signature line below). Our table mates took the cave tubing excursion (which is what we had signed up for originally) and they loved it. We kind of wished that is what we had stuck with.

If you want great snorkeling - wait until Roatan! It was GREAT! I have a review for that in my signature line too. We went to Maya Key.

We will be on the Legend in May and also trying to figure out which excursion to pick for Belize so momof02kids please come back and post after your trip as well.

I can shed some light on Tabayana. The snorkeling is great here. We did the Tabayana Beach Break with Princess last year, and the year before we did a beach package with Banarama which included transportation, beach chair and one soft drink for the snorkelers, and my DH and DD did a dive with them. We are doing the Tabayana beach break when we go again in May. If you want to snorkel, this is the place!!!