e-mail on the Insignia

mike35

I think the e-mail address I'll be give is for incoming e-mail, addressed specifically to the Oceania. I need to be able to check my normal e-mail accounts. Most cruise ships offer this feature, but I can't find any reference on Oceania's web site, and almost no mention in their brochure.

Mike

I generally get my pop-3 mail through Yahoo, so if there is internet access on board, that would do just fine. Again, I'm wondering what the charges are. We just returned from a 15-day Princess Hawaiian cruise, and the charge was $0.35/minute on a VERY slow connection, using their computers. They also offered wireless access in their atrium area - same charge, but seemed to be faster through my personal laptop.

Mike

Mike- I have read elsewhere on this board that the fee is 95 cents per minute, also a very slow connection!

FYI, I am adding overseas roaming to my att/cingular cell phone for $3.99/month (you can cancel the service at the end of the month), which makes calls home from greece about $1.25 per minute. A nice feeling to know you can be reached in an emergency, and your phone won't work over there unless you add this feature before you leave.

Archived