Parking car at Tampa airport instead of port?

peachyisthelife

I just read on the Carnival website how you can get discounted parking rates over at the Tampa airport. It will be about $70 to park at the port but $42 to park at the airport. We're not flying into Tampa, though (Obviously I guess lol). Anyone done this? Is it a hassle to go over into the airport area and take a shuttle to the port? Seems like a no brainer when you save almost $30. Oh and the rate we got was through Payless Parking. Anyone done this before in Tampa? What was the process like?

progress.gif

How much is the shuttle to the port? $15 each way per person? :rolleyes:

If it's a free shuttle and you have about 30 minutes each way to spare, then there could be a little benefit.

Technically, wouldn't you only need the 30 minutes to spare on the ride TO the port? If one parks a car at the airport in order to take a shuttle to the port and avoid the port parking fees, my presumption would be they don't have a plane to catch home.

Has anyone ever used Premier Parking that's a block or so from the pier? It's like 9 bucks a day and would seem to be almost as easy as using the port parking lot. We are on the Legend next month and would appreciate getting feedback from those who've used them, or any other close by lot that cheaper than the port. After all, only one of us will have to walk from the lot after dropping off the luggage and family, or walk back to get the car.

Technically, wouldn't you only need the 30 minutes to spare on the ride TO the port? If one parks a car at the airport in order to take a shuttle to the port and avoid the port parking fees, my presumption would be they don't have a plane to catch home.

How would the car then be retrieved from the airport with the entire family at the port without the use of a return shuttle? :confused: I see what you're saying about time being a factor. I meant to use the time factor to ponder whether the $28 savings was worth the extra effort and time expended, especially when two shuttle fees would cut into that savings (if not wipe it out entirely).

Has anyone ever used Premier Parking that's a block or so from the pier? It's like 9 bucks a day and would seem to be almost as easy as using the port parking lot. We are on the Legend next month and would appreciate getting feedback from those who've used them, or any other close by lot that cheaper than the port. After all, only one of us will have to walk from the lot after dropping off the luggage and family, or walk back to get the car.

hi jim, i checked trip advisor about this very same parking, and after reading the reviews, i wouldn't touch this area with a ten foot pole. as you know, we have a wedding in orlando the day before the cruise, and driving over the morning of the cruise. we will be using the parking garage at the port. better safe than sorry....:)

Archived