Early debarkation for early flight

jdlg4silb

Will be on Liberty that arrives back in Miami on 12/31, and have an 11:30 flight back to Philly. If we notify the ship of our early flight, what time would be the earliest time we could get off the ship? Our flights are not through Carnival, so we have to transport ourselves to the airport. I assume there are a lot of cabs waiting at the port?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by jdlg4silb
Want to highlight title

Sometimes they will give you the location of those in suites and VIP platinum.. though I think its not fair. No wonder VIP self disembarkation is getting to be a zoo. People book early flights and then expect VIP treatment they didnt earn.

You should just do walk off and will have plenty of time to get to the airport by taxi. You would still probably be off by 8:30 am. Lots of cabs waiting.

Edited by firefly333

You should have no problem making your flight UNLESS there are delays with the ship getting back to port, clearing customs, etc. We were off the ship & at the airport by 9:30 am our last cruise out of Miami.

However, we always do self-assist debarkation and take our own luggage off the ship. I would suggest doing this, as it gets you off the ship earlier and you don't have to go find your luggage. If you don't want to do self-assist debark, you can go to Guest Services on board & advise them of your early flight and need for early debarkation.

There are tons of taxis waiting at the port.

Thanks for the great information. I guess if the ship were to be late, it would mess up a whole lot of people, not just us. I think the self DEBARKATION is the way to go- that's where having 2 kids in their 20's should help out with all the luggage (I think).

If you go to the service desk and tell about your early flight (you might have to show proof) they will give you #1 luggage tags. that way you will be in the first group called. I can't remember if "self debarkation" and "VIP's" go first or if #1 tags will get off with them. Good Luck

Kevin

• 2 years later...