Help! We Are 1 Day Away From Sailing And I Still Dont Have A Formal Gown!

Have you sailed in the Triumph?:confused:

How many formal nights?:rolleyes:

How strict are they?

What are the activities?:p

Is it just dinner or is there dancing?

Are pre teens and teens invited?:eek:

Do you have to wear a gown or maybe nice pants and a blouse would do?:cool:

on a 7 day there are 2 formal nights - but nice pants and a blouse are just fine. You'll have dinner and then you can go dancing afterwards in the disco or one of the lounges.

Not sure what you mean by 'are pre teens & teens invited' though

on a 7 day there are 2 formal nights - but nice pants and a blouse are just fine. You'll have dinner and then you can go dancing afterwards in the disco or one of the lounges.

Not sure what you mean by 'are pre teens & teens invited' though

I think that she may be wondering if they (pre-teens and teens) are allowed in on formal night. They are.

Spoilt

kissimmeefamilyof4]Have you sailed in the Triumph?:confused:

How many formal nights?:rolleyes:

I have not sailed ON the Triumph, but there are two formal nights on seven-night cruises. The first formal night will be your second night on board.

How strict are they?

Assuming you mean dress code? Read your "Welcome Aboard" booklet you received with your documents - EVERYTHING is explained in it. The cruiseline asks that passengers adhere to the dress code of the evening, which is mentioned every day in the Capers, the ship's daily newsletter.

What are the activities?:p

For the first formal night, about an hour prior to your dining time there will be a "Captain's Welcome Aboard Party" held in the main showroom, with complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres. This is open to every passenger. The Captain and his staff will be introduced, a band will be playing, and you may dance if you choose.

Is it just dinner or is there dancing?

Formal night dinner is an experience - in the dining room. Dress appropriately and don't miss it. It will also be the only night lobster is served, if that matters to you. Dancing will not take place there, but in one of the lounges.

Are pre teens and teens invited?:eek:

Every passenger may attend.

Do you have to wear a gown or maybe nice pants and a blouse would do?:cool:

Most ladies will be wearing cocktail dresses, some will be wearing long, sequined gowns, and some will be wearing 'church' dresses. If your pants and blouse are very dressy and approprite for a cocktail party, they'll be fine.

.......and about the Sail-Away, NOPE, nothing special as in the old days. Just get yourself a nice adult beverage, stay on deck, and be happy you're on a cruise! Enjoy! Bon Voyage!

I usually wear a pair of silky type black slacks with a dressy top. One outfit I purchased at K-mart - Jacqueline Smith. The entire outfit cost about $25.00 and looks great - I've worn it on several cruises.

If you own a black pair of slacks (not in cotton) or a long black skirt, you can still be dressy enough for formal nights with a sequin decorated sweater, anything in a metallic fabric, a nice oriental style jacket/blouse -- anything on top that is more dressy.

The advantage to either slacks/skirt -- you can reuse them with different tops and it will look like a new outfit plus they are easy to pack and won't tie up a lot of money.

Maraprince :)

I noticed some really pretty cocktail dresses in the gift shop in the Triumph last month. They weren't cheap though. Personally, I would take not having a dress as an excellent reason to go shopping. If you go shopping, keep consignment shops in mind.

When we sailed away on the Sovereign (Royal) two years ago, they had a dancing party on the area with the swimming pool. It was so warm out that mainly it turned out to be teens and a few hardy souls. My daughter had fun though. I wish Carnival would have had something like that.

Archived