Discover Scuba course in Bonaire ?

chapells

My family and I wish to take a Discover Scuba course while in Bonaire this December (2011) and the one offered by Princess is 1) waitlisted and 2) very expensive.

Anyone know a a good dive operator on Bonaire that offers a Discover Scuba class ?

My family and I wish to take a Discover Scuba course while in Bonaire this December (2011) and the one offered by Princess is 1) waitlisted and 2) very expensive.

Anyone know a a good dive operator on Bonaire that offers a Discover Scuba class ?

Any PADI dive center/resort should offer a discover scuba course. If you go to padi.com you can search for PADI dive operators near where the cruise docks. After you find some dive shops, just email them and tell them that you're on a cruise and you want to try discover scuba. NAUI centers may offer something similar.

Bonaire is known for diving so you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck.

Lots of dive ops on Bonaire. Close to the pier are Flamingo Beach Hotel and it's dive shop, Bruce Bowker's, a cab ride away are Capt Don's Habitat, Buddydive--all of these are good as will as many more.

The main attraction as you may know is shore diving. Any of the resorts on the coast will offer Discover Scuba and do it as a shore dive right in front of the resort--we like the shore dive in front of Habitat, so that is my suggestion.

Thanks for the advice - I'll check with the dive shops you mention. I'm excited about the shore diving - everthing I read sounds like it's wonderful in Bonaire.

My family and I did a discover scuba dive in Cozumel this summer and intended to get our open water cert before this trip - but time got away from us.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice - I'll check with the dive shops you mention. I'm excited about the shore diving - everthing I read sounds like it's wonderful in Bonaire.

My family and I did a discover scuba dive in Cozumel this summer and intended to get our open water cert before this trip - but time got away from us.

We just got our Open Water certificate over Thanksgiving weekend, in Seattle. It was cold and a bit rainy but it'll be worth it when we hit the warm waters of the ABC's! 5 kids got certified, ages 11 - 15. Gave them itunes cards as incentives to get their online lessons and open water done before the cruise...

• 1 month later...

I found a great Discover Scuba operator in Bonaire. We dove with VIP Diving (http://www.vipdiving.com). They provided a wonderful, personalized, small group (just my 4 family members) dive expeience in the fantastic shore reefs just yards from the beach in Bonaire. They were very accomodating and tailored the whole package for our needs.

I dived with VIP last December and would highly recommend them. The equipment was excellent, the dive master was a lot of fun, and the diving was unbelievable. We were picked up at the pier, taken to the dive shop where we got our gear, and then drive to the dive sites. They had us back at the pier with plenty of time to spare.

Archived