Talk Me Into One of These Cruises!

TriciaEMTB

I really don't think he should be coming. He's a climber and I'm legitimately concerned about him climbing overboard. She also doesn't watch him like she should. Plus he's three. He's not going to remember it. But she insists.

What would be good ports for little kids?

Sorry to say, my answer would be "none of the above." There's just no way that a 3-year-old is going to be 'enriched' by any port experience - most shore tours last several hours, and I think that's just too long for the hunger/pee/attention span of a child that young. And there's probably no way to earn the displeasure of fellow passengers faster than for a little kid on a tour to start acting up because he/she is hungry, has to go to the bathroom, or is just bored.

Having said that, I'd go with Dream. Nassau is my least favorite port, and while I love Puerto Rico, as another poster noted the port call is just too short to really enjoy the city. There's plenty to do in the Western ports, and Roatan is gorgeous - go there before all the big Yankee money coming in (it will be obvious) ruins it.

I wouldn't worry about the little climber though - the railings are next to impossible for little kids to climb (and I've seen some try while mommy was otherwise occupied).

I would choose the Dream because I love the Southern Caribbean ports. I love the history and beauty of Belize and Mexico.

Belize and Mexico are Western Caribbean ports.

I would pick the Eastern itinerary because the beaches are superb. Nassau is not that great but think everyone should see it at least once. The beaches in Grand Turk are magnificent. Rent a golf cart and go around the whole island. We found secluded beaches were we were the only people and hundreds of conch shells everywhere.

Archived