Are Kids Clubs Free on Jewel?

travelbug4

I read somewhere that the kids clubs on NCL have a fee of $5 per child per hour; but then I've also read that they are complimentary. Our children are 8 and 6. Does anyone have any experience with the clubs and their pricing?

Also, is there an indoor pool on this ship that children can use? We're thinking about a New Year's cruise and I'm afraid the kids will never see an outdoor pool because of the cold.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

I read somewhere that the kids clubs on NCL have a fee of $5 per child per hour; but then I've also read that they are complimentary. Our children are 8 and 6. Does anyone have any experience with the clubs and their pricing?

Also, is there an indoor pool on this ship that children can use? We're thinking about a New Year's cruise and I'm afraid the kids will never see an outdoor pool because of the cold.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kid's club and activities are free. There is a charge if you need services during while in port or your kids want to do the late night activities after the regular club closes (10 p.m.). $5 per child per hour. I am not sure if there is a discount for two kids from the same family but some lines do.

What you've heard is correct. NCL, unlike several of the other major cruise lines does charge for Kids Club when the ship is in port.

The other cruise lines view a port day the same as any other day and offer Kids Club free of charge with your paid vacation. NCL will charge by the hour for childcare while in port. When NCL ships are at sea then there is no additional charge. So your friend is absolutely correct - there is a charge for childcare during port days.

We've done the port days a few times, it's actually considered babysitting. So like with all other babysitters, you can get a good one who will lead the kids in games, take them out to play shuffleboard and spend the day having fun. Other times you will get one of the employees who isn't interested in so much fun and will be supervising free play and watching movies in the Kids Club facility. From my experience it's a total crap shoot as to who is in charge of the kids club that day.

NCL's kids club is very comparable to the other major cruise lines, (we've been on them all many times) the activities they do, the games they play, the scavenger hunts and Survivor type challenges are all basically the same. The only difference is that NCL charges $$ for care while in port. And, another major difference is that other cruise lines will take the children for dinner, take them to the buffet and feed them dinner every single night if that's your choosing. NCL will provide this dinner service only 1 night of the cruise and then it is a very limited number of kids they will take. Sign ups for this are first come first serve. It will fill up within minutes.

Archived