Craziness-What not to do prior to cruise!

Kaseybear16

I fly out next Saturday afternoon for our cruise and I have been housesitting for a week, tonight is my last night. I feel so behind in getting everything together and packing! Not to mention trying to get some Christmas shopping done!

I do not recommend housesitting before a cruise!! I am crazy. Oh well, this week is going to FLY by!

Chill out, everyone over packs anyway. Just be there to get on the ship, and the rest will be easy. The worst thing about packing for me is having to pack clothes for the elegant nights in the dining room, otherwise I would only have to take socks, undies, polo shirts, shorts, and a tooth brush. One bag.

The dear gf on the other hand, has to take her 3 bags full of clothes and shoes...omg! I think I need a new gf.

I do not recommend moving before a cruise either!!!! I packed for the cruise, moved, and now I can not find our luggage.

:eek:....ok I am sure you don't find it funny - but it did make me laugh! When you find it - at tleast you already packed.

I am trying to decorate and pack this weekend - and neither is going really well :rolleyes:. But by this time next week there won't be anything I can do about either project so....just trying to get through it ;) :D

I fly out next Saturday afternoon for our cruise and I have been housesitting for a week, tonight is my last night. I feel so behind in getting everything together and packing! Not to mention trying to get some Christmas shopping done!

I do not recommend housesitting before a cruise!! I am crazy. Oh well, this week is going to FLY by!

Who is watching your house while you're watching someone else's? I'm wondering why it's a big deal, unless it's too far to go between, or there's a sick plant that needs your constant attention??

Some things I'd not do right before a cruise: buy/pack new shoes w/o wearing several times. buy new electronic thingy and pack w/o using several times.

I can see how moving would be a problem, undertaking too much, like decorating/painting the whole place, trying to get the taxes done, finish up all homework/final exams/thesis papers, etc. Not good to stress yourself to the point of breaking right before a vacation.

good luck! we're 2 weeks from the Legend

I had my kitchen ceiling cave in 1 month before our cruise. Our waterline for fridge {sprung a leak} went across the crawl space since we don't have one under the house.

Had to move my pre-cruise piles from dining room to garage. Guest room was about to be occupied by my sister.

Had to move my kitchen things into dining room.

Contractor came cut out initial vent hole, 3 days later they came and removed 8' X 6' section 5 days to dry crawl space.

Ceiling replaced and another 2 days for 1st mud to dry with a total of 3 muds needed. 3-4 days between each.

Nearly, 3 weeks.

As I look back on it I am glad it happened before we left:eek:

Moral of the story ... Pack ASAP!!

I'm have packed for our cruise in August. Used our luggage to store our summer things, LOL

We always make sure we don't cruise when they're changing the clocks for daylight savings time. There's enough things to think about when you're going on a cruise and plenty of other weeks to choose from so I could never understand why people would pick a sail date when they're moving the clocks the night before.

It always amazes me how people get stressed about packing for a cruise, they need weeks to do it. I pack the day before and never have an issue. :rolleyes:

LMAO! I always pack the night before a cruise! One time I tried to do it a few weeks before and couldn't even remember what I had packed.

I keep a few things in a ziploc bag that I always take on any trip; over the counter meds for colds, stomach ailments, sunscreen, deoderant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shower cap, aloe vera, hair ties, tylenol and a fresh travel pack of Clorox wipes.

Pack the rest of the toiletries and clothing the night before!

Have a small checklist with things like passport, $$, camera, meds and water on it to check before we leave.

I should have worded it better, I was pet sitting but I just always say housesitting. Between work and taking care of the pets I wasn't able to be home very much. I don't stress too much about packing but I like to get it done about a week early. That way as i'm going through my normal routine I can think about items I may be forgetting or that I want to bring, etc. I am actually a pretty light packer and if we weren't planning on buying some Christmas gifts for family we could fit all our belongings in one large suitcase.

All I can think about is this time next week we'll be in San Juan boarding the Victory with a drink in hand!!

Archived