Just off Oasis 11/19-11/26

Denise5374

Schooner Bar Girl - thanks for the clarification. Obviously, we didn't read up on all the rule and perk changes - all over the ship and in many aspects of how RCI works, prior to this trip. It's good to know now, so we can let our girls enjoy the lounge a bit more too, and have a better handle on how everything runs these days.

Davelliott - Yes, you're right on the configuration of rooms. You walk in to a hallway/foyer area. There is one bathroom there, with a shower. Then you round the corner (now looking out the back window) and on the outside wall is the "master suite" that has a king bed, vanity, closets, and full bath. There is also a sliding door to the balcony from this bedroom. There is a tub in this bathroom, but it's not very big, and it's pretty close to the ceiling - I'm about 6-1 and could almost touch the top of my head to the ceiling. So yes, tub, but nothing extraordinary. Across the hall from the master, is the 2nd bedroom. This has two twin beds (or a queen) and two pull-down beds on the walls. Also a small vanity/counter area. Not a lot of moving space. Continuing down the hallway you reach the "living room" area. Has a small table & four chairs, two arm chairs and a sofa, more closets, drawers, etc. All-in, it could easily sleep 8 depending on the size and configuration of the families staying there.

We had 6 this time around. My girls slept on the sofa pull-out, my in-laws chose the inside bedroom (we had planned for them to take the "master") and my wife and I were in the larger bedroom.

We paid about $12k for all of us as I recall. We had been looking at two Grand Suites instead, but this was available and the price wound up being almost identical for the six of us. The thing to note, most of the time, as far as I know, you can only book these through RCI directly and you typically need at least 6 people to do so. They end up creating two separate reservations to do this - which confused us and the AAA travel agent we talked to - but none of the reservation systems are set to do more than four people on one number for whatever reason.

Again, we absolutely loved the suite and would definitely recommend to anyone who is able to catch one.

Honestly, because we had the private lesson booked already, we didn't go up there much at other times. We went up at 9:00 AM one morning so I could try it out too, and there were probably 8 people on each side of the boogie board line at that time. Wasn't too bad, but after being relatively spoiled by the private time, it felt like a long wait - but wasn't really all that bad. Both sides seemed to be busier our last two days (at sea).

interesting. our boogie board line wasn't split in half until the last day. the crowds must have been quite low on our sailing, we just didn't have anything to compare it to.

thinking about oasis for next thanksgiving...but with the reports of 2000+ kids, i am a little nervous. our kids will be 3, 4, 8, and 11 then, and i'm worried the groups in Adventure Ocean will be too large, plus the long lines for flowrider/zipline/rock wall... especially compared to what we just experienced.

thanks for your reviews!

interesting. our boogie board line wasn't split in half until the last day. the crowds must have been quite low on our sailing, we just didn't have anything to compare it to.

thinking about oasis for next thanksgiving...but with the reports of 2000+ kids, i am a little nervous. our kids will be 3, 4, 8, and 11 then, and i'm worried the groups in Adventure Ocean will be too large, plus the long lines for flowrider/zipline/rock wall... especially compared to what we just experienced.

thanks for your reviews!

meab, we've cruised at Thanksgiving before and what we've found is that there are VERY large groups of families cruising and a lot of them tend to hang out together. So if you have a group w/grandparents, 2 sets of parents and 4 kids or so, a lot of times they will do "family" stuff together and it actually helps the line situation. We're on Oasis next year as a family of 4 and really looking forward to it! Also, the 2 Floriders help tremendously w/the lines. My DS now only surfs and that line is usually shorter/moves quicker as people aren't that good and don't take as long of turns

Archived