Tux Rental

cruzccl

Hi,

This will be my first Celebrity cruise (14 day So. Carib on Constellation) and wanted to rent a tux for the formal nights. Any experience with the tux rental program with Celebrity? I have done this in the past on other lines, but have had a few bumps along the way.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi CruzCCL,

My hubby looked at renting... when we went to a local Formal Wear Store here to have him measured (so as to give the correct info to the cruise line) we discovered that we could buy a better quality Tux (wool blend and a brand name vs polyester) from their after-rentals line for less than it would cost us to do a Cruise Tux Rental twice ($ 200 to buy the Tux... PLUS Shirt, Tie and Studs... an investment of about $ 300 total)

IF you plan to cruise again (or often), I would say look at this as a possible option.

Cheers!

We have rented tuxes on Celebrity and Holland America. No problems whatsoever. When one jacket was too big, our cabin steward was able to exchange within a few minutes. Alternatively, we have also purchased tuxes on Ebay with great results.

We have rented tuxes on Celebrity and Holland America. No problems whatsoever. When one jacket was too big, our cabin steward was able to exchange within a few minutes.

This is nice to know, however, when your size falls to either the small or XXL end of the spectrum, be aware you need to request your exchange as soon as possible, since those sizes won't be stocked as well on board.

Also, the link to Celebrity's formal-wear rental partner, Cruiseline Formalwear, is:

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

I couldn't convince my husband to rent the tux (well, we are doing the Caribbean, so I couldn't argue too hard :D), but he opted for the nice suit and it will save us precious packing space since we have to schlep our stuff through an airport first.

Archived