Record Day in Port Everglades

SeaCruiser_1

Very interesting, Port Everglades and the Ft Lauderdale airport do a great job in moving the people. I had to laugh the last time they broke a record they stated was March 20 2010 well that was the last time I embarked a ship in Port Everglades and we were boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam :)

Gee...I wonder if March 18th this next year will be another recording breaking day?:D

As much as I don't like being in the cold of Calgary I'm glad I'm not there. There have been times when it took me several hours to get thru checkin at Fort Lauderdale. One you get thru security there is no place to sit. I'd be happy to avoid that airport altogether.

We were disembarked from the Eurodam in record time. They did a wonderful job. It boggles my mind that so many people can be handled so quickly. Good to see so many people enjoying Thanksgiving on a cruise. Looking forward to next year on the Zuiderdam!

We sailed a b2b on the Oosterdam in 2003, her first year, the first 2 weeks in December. The day we disembarked there were 14 ships in port and we had to dock at the north end of the port where there was a vacant dock. It was a zoo and the taxi driver was not happy about taking us to the Midport garage to get our car which is across from where the Oosterdam should have docked. He wouldn't take our luggage out of the trunk until we had paid him $10. The porter who helped us didn't tell him where we were going until he had loaded us in the cab or he never would have agreed to have us in his cab.

That was a record for # of ships at the time, but wouldn't be a record now for # of pax embarking/disembarking as there weren't 6000 pax ships back then.

We were disembarked from the Eurodam in record time. They did a wonderful job. It boggles my mind that so many people can be handled so quickly. Good to see so many people enjoying Thanksgiving on a cruise. Looking forward to next year on the Zuiderdam!

I second the ease of getting off the Eurodam yesterday. We did self-assist. We closed the door to our cabin at 8 and we were at the airport curb by 8:30-ish - and that was WITH a search of our four bags at customs/border control.

Archived