POA NCL Alohabus on Oahu - has anyone taken this excursion?

Sherrica

My husband and I will be on the Pride of America in two weeks (yay!) and our flight on the 17th doesn't leave Honolulu until 3:30pm. I don't really want to spend 6 hours at the airport, but that doesn't leave us enough time to do any of the other excursions that I have seen offered.

Has anyone taken the Alohabus and luggage storage excursion offered by NCL? Can you share your experiences?

Or, if you decided on another option, please share! We won't have much time after the cruise, but I thought this might at least give us something to do for a few hours before we fly out.

Thanks in advance for your help with this! :)

You can read some info at tripadvisor, here is the link but overall they say its not worth the money.

Looking at where they stop you can do all of this on your own by mapping it out on the regular bus and most of the places are located in clumps such as Chinatown, Iolani Palace, Aloha Market place are all with-in walking distance of the cruise ship pier. And other are located in the heart of Waikiki.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60982-d2295934-Reviews-Aloha_Bus_City_Sightseeing-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html#REVIEWS

Thank you PokerAddict! I will check that out. I think the biggest challenge for us is finding someplace to store our luggage. I am so excited! Just a few more days of work until we're in paradise!

You can store your luggage at the pier terminal (don't know exactly where as we have never used it) it's $5 a bag and you have to pick it up by 5 pm.

There is lots to see in and around the pier such as the 'Iolani Palace (almost across the street from pier), statues,china town, Murphy's Bar, Aloha Tower etc.

I suggest you map places out then walk towards China town then taxi it back as its quite a hike but doable or reverse it pending on whether you want to have lunch in Chinatown.

The Honolulu airport is also quite nice with an open air garden, ponds and benches to lose some time just sitting and reading or grab a bite and sit outside.

Archived