Free Booze

sakapfet

What about farewell parties?

I just looked through a bunch of Fun Times from the last year...

Saw 7 different 4 Day cruises all of them had a Farewell Party scheduled at 5:00PM on the last day of the cruise.

Saw just one, 3 Day cruise and no Farewell Party was scheduled.

Just a tip...

During both the Past Guest and the Fun Farewell parties, they'll carry a tray of drinks (3-5 different mixed drinks) for you to choose from.

If you want something different or don't want to wait for them to come to you, go to the bar and you can order virtually ANY drink you want. And as many as you can drink during the hour.

I don't drink but my girlfriend does and she likes Whiskey Sours which they didn't have on their trays so she went to the bar and got 3 of them in the hour. I saw other people getting beer and wine and other drinks too... not having to pay with their sail and sign cards...

Just a tip...

During both the Past Guest and the Fun Farewell parties, they'll carry a tray of drinks (3-5 different mixed drinks) for you to choose from.

If you want something different or don't want to wait for them to come to you, go to the bar and you can order virtually ANY drink you want. And as many as you can drink during the hour.

I don't drink but my girlfriend does and she likes Whiskey Sours which they didn't have on their trays so she went to the bar and got 3 of them in the hour. I saw other people getting beer and wine and other drinks too... not having to pay with their sail and sign cards...

LOL! you unknowingly answered my question. I thought that was the case. We stupidly missed both parties on our last Carnival cruise... Not gonna happen again.

It's all been moved here:

http://www.*****/Carnival/info.html

Nice! One detail that I think needs correction though... Under 'Cruise Info', the part about Carnival not paying attention to any alcohol you bring on board while in port is not correct. They do check carefully when you board in port and will hold any alcohol you bring on until the night before debarkation.

We were on the December 26th Legend, over New Year's Eve. I posted this before, but here it goes again........

The Fun Farewell Party was only attended by a handful of people. 5 of them be me and my family. The waiters couldn't bring us drinks fast enough - and they thought it was funny to leave 3 or 4 on our tables at a time!!! We had a great start to the New Year's Eve Party by attending this........I can't understand why more people don't go.

We also had free champagne when we boarded, which was the day after Christmas.......and free champagne during the New Year's Eve countdown in the main lobby.

We also attend the Past Guest Party which was more organized than the Fun Farewell Party. I did enjoy the snacks that were being passed around.

LOL! you unknowingly answered my question. I thought that was the case. We stupidly missed both parties on our last Carnival cruise... Not gonna happen again.

This has happened to me twice today... lol. :) Glad I could answer your question while you were typing it :D

I never knew the Fun Farewell party served alcohol so we've never gone in all of our cruises until this last cruise. I don't drink but love dragging her to all the free drinking events so my sign and sail bill is less at the end. Haha

I get this error using the link you provided..

404 (Page Not Found) Error

If you're the site owner, one of two things happened:

1. 1) You entered an incorrect URL into your browser's address bar, or
  2. 2) You haven't uploaded content.

If you're a visitor and not sure what happened:

1. 1) You entered or copied the URL incorrectly or
  2. 2) The link you used to get here is faulty.
  3. (It's an excellent idea to let the link owner know.)

Over a couple years of reading this board I'd came across a ton of great info - free booze has to be one of the most important!

I put together a pretty good list of important/good to know info for Carnival Cruises. Although it might take about 15 minutes to read through, it would probably take you days if not weeks to find it all on here and you'd still miss some stuff.

I've put my most updated list on a web site for my next cruise ...take a look and if you see something missing/wrong let me know! I've tried to keep it as updated as possible. I know it helps rookie cruisers more than anything, but it's also a good reminder for those of us who don't cruise more than once a year.

http://www.bzcomputers.com/cruises/20120303Triumph/carnivalinfo.html

I get this error using the link you provided..

404 (Page Not Found) Error

If you're the site owner, one of two things happened:

1. 1) You entered an incorrect URL into your browser's address bar, or
  2. 2) You haven't uploaded content.

If you're a visitor and not sure what happened:

1. 1) You entered or copied the URL incorrectly or
  2. 2) The link you used to get here is faulty.
  3. (It's an excellent idea to let the link owner know.)

use this one: http://www.*****/Carnival/info.html

Hey, Cruzface, I have a question for you. I wish I could PM you...

Did you delete your posts in that other thread? They're completely gone...

Even with the champagne, it's not worth it.:) Between the past guest, farewell, BV bottle, and a couple free drink shore excursions, we're pretty well set for the week.

We visited the art auction midway through - only long enough to have a couple of drinks

Archived