Ecstasy or Fantasy?

Jimd66

I am just recently off the Ecstasy and I would sail her again in a second!! Yes they are older ships, but they are also smaller and more intimate! Besides, they have all been refurbished in the last 5 or 6 years. Newer is not always better... I see a lot of negative reviews on the "newer" ships....

OP, It doesn't matter what ship you on. You and your wife will make the cruise, not the ship. Pick the dates and trip that work best for you and enjoy her birthday!!

I am so glad to come across this thread. I am booked with my family on the Paradise for this April - 5 day Western Caribbean from Tampa. I was starting to have some buyers remorse because of all the negative comments about the older Fantasy class ships. All the positive comments seemed to to support the newer, bigger ships. We don't need rock walls and ice rinks and stuff we can do at home. I just want a clean, enjoyable tropical cruise! It's good to hear something positive to look forward to.

I am so glad to come across this thread. I am booked with my family on the Paradise for this April - 5 day Western Caribbean from Tampa. I was starting to have some buyers remorse because of all the negative comments about the older Fantasy class ships. All the positive comments seemed to to support the newer, bigger ships. We don't need rock walls and ice rinks and stuff we can do at home. I just want a clean, enjoyable tropical cruise! It's good to hear something positive to look forward to.

Sorry to be off topic, but PLEASE DONT listen to all those negative things on the Paradise! She is a great ship with a HAPPY crew! Been on her 3 times from long beach! Great memories, I dont need ice skating rinks, climbing walls & such either! I have also that at home hehe, I cruise to be cruising, not a big shopping mall!

We just got off the Fantasy (11/28/11) out of Charleston and it was very fun. But I would second the person who mentioned the colder weather until you get close to the Bahamas. The waterslides were often closed due to wind and it was fairly chilly for most of the trip.

Archived