Conquest Debarkation in NOLA...

emtmom

If you do self assist i do believe it is doable. I just got off conquest and did not participate in the self assist and i still arrived at the airport pretty early and i had cruise transportation to the airport.

They called self assist for floors one and two and then they called the other floors. I was zone 1 and they called zone 1 through 6 around 8:30. Finding my luggage and going through customs was a breeze.

Make sure you fill out your fun pass indicating the time your plane leaves as the night before you can go to guest service and request the self assist. Hopefully you have packed lightly and can maneuver you luggage.

I believe taxi's are readily available as well.

Now embarkation was a different story. Some people waited in lines for over two hours. I know conquest recently moved to nola so hopefully with time this process will improve as well.

We sailed the Conquest 11/13 - 11/20. Debarkation was pretty quick... We did self-assist and were off of the ship and in our car (30 minutes from the port) by 9AM... Customs was the quickest we have experienced (in 16 cruises)... The issue we ran into was that they did not announce the start of self-assist and the main deck was full of people waiting to get off of the ship (self assist)...it was pretty chaotic! Regardless, we got off of the ship and through customs in record time!

We sailed the Conquest 11/13 - 11/20. Debarkation was pretty quick... We did self-assist and were off of the ship and in our car (30 minutes from the port) by 9AM... Customs was the quickest we have experienced (in 16 cruises)... The issue we ran into was that they did not announce the start of self-assist and the main deck was full of people waiting to get off of the ship (self assist)...it was pretty chaotic! Regardless, we got off of the ship and through customs in record time!

Just debarked on Thursday off the Elation. They did not announce when self-assist began. We just noticed people leaving. However, customs was a breeze. We docked in NOLA about 6:30 AM. Never really had too bad of a line in NOLA. But I personally would move the flight up a little bit. You never know with NOLA trafic.

• 3 weeks later...
If you do self assist i do believe it is doable. I just got off conquest and did not participate in the self assist and i still arrived at the airport pretty early and i had cruise transportation to the airport.

They called self assist for floors one and two and then they called the other floors. I was zone 1 and they called zone 1 through 6 around 8:30. Finding my luggage and going through customs was a breeze.

Make sure you fill out your fun pass indicating the time your plane leaves as the night before you can go to guest service and request the self assist. Hopefully you have packed lightly and can maneuver you luggage.

I believe taxi's are readily available as well.

Now embarkation was a different story. Some people waited in lines for over two hours. I know conquest recently moved to nola so hopefully with time this process will improve as well.

Can anyone recently off Conquest in NOLA speak to what time they will call floor 2 to disembark if we are NOT doing self assist?

Also, did this ship have the luggage express option where they take your bags to the airport for you? If not, any ideas on what to do with our luggage if we don't want to go straight to the airport?

Finally, can anyone recommend what time to arrive to embark? We would rather not wait in a 2-hour line, so I'm wondering when the peak is.

Thanks!

Parent 22,

One of my friends was on the second floor and she received number 20+ for debarkation. So i would think it would be no later then ten as they call the multiple numbers as they called one through six when i was there.

I did not see any information on luggage express as i would have used this service as well. The conquest is new to new orleans so hopefully they will have this service up and running soon.

There is a service at New orleans airport where they will pick up your luggage from the port and transport to airport. You do need to retrieve your luggage prior to checking into your fllight. I cant recall the name right now, however, i believe i found it under New Orleans thread. ( so sorry i could not be more helpful)

Now the wait, i would continue to ask on this board as i am confident conquest will get better. I had VIP and still waited well over an hour. We got there about noon.

FYI--- make sure your cab knows you are going to carnival's port as the cab tried to drop us off at Norwegian's port as i made the mistake of saying take us to the port. There was a long wait for Carnival's port and the cabby didn't want to wait as he wanted to go get another fare. We were insistent and made him wait in the line. They did drop some of our party near Norwegian and they had a long through traffic to the carnival side.

Parent 22,

One of my friends was on the second floor and she received number 20+ for debarkation. So i would think it would be no later then ten as they call the multiple numbers as they called one through six when i was there.

I did not see any information on luggage express as i would have used this service as well. The conquest is new to new orleans so hopefully they will have this service up and running soon.

There is a service at New orleans airport where they will pick up your luggage from the port and transport to airport. You do need to retrieve your luggage prior to checking into your fllight. I cant recall the name right now, however, i believe i found it under New Orleans thread. ( so sorry i could not be more helpful)

Now the wait, i would continue to ask on this board as i am confident conquest will get better. I had VIP and still waited well over an hour. We got there about noon.

FYI--- make sure your cab knows you are going to carnival's port as the cab tried to drop us off at Norwegian's port as i made the mistake of saying take us to the port. There was a long wait for Carnival's port and the cabby didn't want to wait as he wanted to go get another fare. We were insistent and made him wait in the line. They did drop some of our party near Norwegian and they had a long through traffic to the carnival side.

Thank you! This is very useful information. Especially about the taxi to the Carnival port, not Norwegian port. We would not have known to do that.

Archived