How to book your own add-on?

farbster

How can you book your own trip either before or after your cruise if Silversea can change your free air?

My inlaws are looking at a cruise from Sing-HK and would like to go to Siem Reap before the cruise (ie. from Singapore). They are not going to do the cruise ship add-on, as it is for more days than their schedule permits. Accordingly, they are going to book and travel on their own.

When we went on Silversea this summer, the airfare was booked, then changed prior to departure.

So how can they book their own air from Sing-Siem Reap, not knowing if the free air from Silversea is going to get changed? Some of the departure times from BWI/IAD are very different and obviously change the arrival time.

I hope this makes sense...

How can you book your own trip either before or after your cruise if Silversea can change your free air?

My inlaws are looking at a cruise from Sing-HK and would like to go to Siem Reap before the cruise (ie. from Singapore). They are not going to do the cruise ship add-on, as it is for more days than their schedule permits. Accordingly, they are going to book and travel on their own.

When we went on Silversea this summer, the airfare was booked, then changed prior to departure.

So how can they book their own air from Sing-Siem Reap, not knowing if the free air from Silversea is going to get changed? Some of the departure times from BWI/IAD are very different and obviously change the arrival time.

I hope this makes sense...

Sorry, your question doesn't really make sense. But Silversea, even with free airfare, can customize it for you for a $150 airline deviation fee. And once it's booked, it's booked. It may have been a situation in the summer where the airline changed their schedule and hence your flights changed. Whatever you want to do, your TA can work with you and Silversea on the details.

After speaking with the TA, it seems that it won't work anyway. To do Siem Reap, is too many days when added to the cruise. I believe they won't add on.

As to my summer experience, they didn't just change the departure times, but they changed the airlines and connecting cities (on the outbound only I believe).

The fee to deviate is not bad, especially considering they aren't charging for the air.

Thanks!

Archived