NCL Sun

cruisecap

We are in the processing of planning a very large group for the Sun in March of 2005 and I have a few questions, if anybody can answer it would help.

Are the pools salt water or fresh water? Our travel agent says that are fresh but I find that hard to believe.

How many pools are there?

Does anyone know if children age 19 are allowed in the discos/night clubs even though they cannot drink?

Did you find the food to be satisfactory? we have never experienced freestyle dining and some are a little nervous about this aspect.

Thanks

There are two main pools & they are both salt water. There is a small childrens pool & it may be fresh water.

We were on in March & young adults were allowed in Dazzels.

We enjoyed freestyle. It was nice to decide when & where we wanted to dine. The food was not gourmet but it was fine.

You will enjoy the Sun.

I really think the questions have been answered. I will add one little thing, not that it is very important. Even though the water is salt water with the filtering system used there is very little salt in the water. Let's put it this way, you don't come out of the pool feeling like you just came out of the ocean. Yes, she is a really neat ship with wondderful crew, freestyle is great for larger groups and the entertainment is good. cabins standard in size, but certainly not small. They are about the same size as Celebrity's Constellation: actually a few feet bigger but not enough to make a difference. Happy cruisin NMNIta

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

We were on the SUN in February and had a great time.

The kids pool is fresh water, but the other one is salt. We had a three year old with us and she had no problem jumping into the salt water pool, so it really wasn't too bad.

Hope that helps.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;03;07;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived