Art pieces are here! Yeah!!

kdinkus1

We purchased a few prints that we thought would look great in our home.......unfortunately we weren't in a position to immediately have them framed thus they are still after SEVERAL :o years still in the tube......

I am proud to say that they are packed very well and have made it through 4 or 5 house moves..........:p........And when we do get around to having them framed.....I'm sure they will bring me as much joy as they did when I 1st purchased them and envisioned them in our home.

In my opinion art work is a collectible like sports or movie memorabilia. While there can be a value put on an item the true value of an item is only realized when the item is sold. And that value is NOT what I believe it to be worth or what someone tells me it's worth BUT what someone is willing to pay for it.

With this being said there are plenty of items that I have collected over the years that are priceless to me and I would never part with but in all honesty they wouldn't be worth much to others.

Enjoy the pieces and thank you for sharing your excitement with us.

Many years ago I bought a signed Dali from a limited collection and it is authentic, we've had it appraised. It has increased in value but since art is not easily sold that really is not important. We really enjoy it and that is what is important. Buy only what you will enjoy, art on the level that most of us folks can afford to buy is not an investment. I'm glad that the OP has art from her cruise that she will enjoy for years to come. Congrats to the OP and don't let negative remarks destroy your joy!!!!!!

What do you have that has gone up? Just the artist's name is fine if you don't mind me asking?

How did you determine that they gone up?

I have original Goddards, Behrens, Mack's, Derubies, and Wall. I go on art sites and look up the values....and on cruises. A lot of the Goddards we bought directly from him and had them custom made, he actually doesn't do that much custom works anymore and his prices have soared. We only buy originals, which can get pricey, so I don't think we will be buying too much more, but we really love each piece we own. Okay, we want to buy a Nano Lopez sculpture, but that may wait a while. Of course, for us, we don't plan on selling them, so the only reason value matters is for insurance purposes.

I have original Goddards, Behrens, Mack's, Derubies, and Wall. I go on art sites and look up the values....and on cruises. A lot of the Goddards we bought directly from him and had them custom made, he actually doesn't do that much custom works anymore and his prices have soared. We only buy originals, which can get pricey, so I don't think we will be buying too much more, but we really love each piece we own. Okay, we want to buy a Nano Lopez sculpture, but that may wait a while. Of course, for us, we don't plan on selling them, so the only reason value matters is for insurance purposes.

Pretty fantastic pieces I would imagine! As I said at the beginning of this thread, I am really happy with our first one that arrived. Now we just have to wait for the other 2. And I really appreciate everyone who has said such thoughtful comments to me!

Archived