Don't book excursions for NCL online

momofteens

our family of 4 just sailed on the Sky April 11. We booked 3 excursions on the NCL website. Since There was no excursion confirmation emailed to us we wanted to be safe and make sure we were scheduled when we got on the ship. Thank goodness we did check. They had no record of our reservations and we were told that the Web Site is very unreliable. We had a great time on the excursions and would have missed out on the most memorable part of our cruise had we failed to confirm our reservations.

On another note. We had a wonderful cruise despite the uneven service in the dining rooms. We're going to try Royal Carribean next.

I booked an excursion on the internet with NCL and had no problems at all. NCL said that the confirmations go to the travel agent you booked your cruise with.

minnesota pamcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;3;28;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Countin until heaven on the STAR TO HAWAII

NCL Sunward II 1986

Carnival Festivale 1989

NCL Windward 1995

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 1998

NCL Sky 2000

NCL Star 2004

Our excursions on our upcoming alaska cruise were not available to book online. We could download the descriptions and order form, and then had to fax it to them.

Cindy

Sun to Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

02/03 ~~ Holiday

07/03 ~~ Conquest

I just booked 3 excursions online at the NCL site for the "SEA" May 8th.

Within 12 hours I received an email with a confirmation number, it explained my excursions would be charged to my shipboard account.

I was instructed to print and bring the confirmation with me.

No mention of anything going to my TA.

I tried to do the same thing for my ground transportation between IAH airport and the pier in Houston, and have had nothing but the old run around from NCL.

I just don’t understand why they make such an easy thing so hard.

I have booked 11 excursions on the website for 2 cruises I took in June and Feb. The first time I checked and redid everything over the phone. The second time I let fate take it's course and both times my cabin steward handed me my excursion tickets without a problem.

My next cruise I will book on line and barring some unforeseen problem...I am sure everything will be all right.

Now with air I am never so trusting..or am I? I always book air online and get a readout. I quess I am lucky because that has been okay too.Hope you all enjoy and everything works out for you. Enjoy your vacation!

The Adventure continues.

Same time next year!!!

Dawn Feb 10, 2005

adventurers.gif

I booked an excursion online, then called a couple of days later to see if it had been registered. It had not. I made the reservations by phone and they e-mailed me a confirmation immediately. It is nice to be able to check the reservation over in advance to check for possible errors.

Two cruises with NCL. Booked excursions in every port through their online service. Never had a problem. We really enjoy seeing the 'tickets' for our excursions in our cabin upon embarkation. Have never had a problem with NCL.

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

jamminlion-

They are specifically referring to the new part of NCL's website which started for April 2004 and later cruises I believe. Your cruises were in 2002/2003...they never seemed to have a problem on the old site only this new one (totally changed their database set up).

We'll be booking a couple with NCL next week for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii. After all the problems I've heard about I'm definately going to call them after 24 hours if no confirmation is received.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

Must have hit the wrong key!Booked excursion online for a specific time,we received confirmation quickly, but for a different time. I really didn't want the time they assigned ,so I called ,was put on hold for about 20 minutes,got tired of waiting and hung up.Called TA, he said we were on our own .Called NCL again ,this time no waiting,explained the problem and they changed the time.We're glad that this went as smoothly as it did.I guess stuff just happens sometimes.

I, too, booked shore excursions online with the new system. When I called a couple of weeks later - there was no record of me. The woman on the phone took my requests and emailed me a confirmation right away.

So I would do it online and then just check to make sure they go through. I also called to double-check on my pre-registration. That went through successfully.

I hope NCL rectifies this problem. It seems very unfair to customers who take advantage of something NCL offers to only be told that the system is unreliable. Unless they could get me on the excursions I pre-booked it would be no consolation to me to simply say it is a new system. That is what your MIS dept. is for - to test, test and then test some more.

Moral of the story - call and double-check everything. But I guess that defeats the purpose of NCL providing the service online.

Dawn 5/23/04

RCCL Enchantment 7/02

Carnival Glory 8/03

I also booked excursions for our Alaska cruies 9/5/04 on the Star online. Alerted my TA that they might send her the confirmation. After two weeks I called NCL excursions and when I told the lady I had not received a confirmation she said she would email right then. She also went through the list with me and two of the ones we signed up for were not there. She checked and said they had been sold out for the times I requested. She then worked with me to schedule for different times. Quite helpfull. She then emaile me that confirmation. Actually got both, as when she said she would email the first, she must have het the send key right then. icon_smile.gif Noticed on the confirmation that it states that if any you applied for are not shown then they were sold out or otherwise not available.

Lesson: If you don't get the confirmation, call and check! Cliff

Splendour to Panama Canal

12/11/2003

NCL Star to Alaska

09/05/2004

Archived