Upper Berth Beds with LO's

just_us

Ages 11, 4 and 26 months. Any recommendations? I'm thinking about requesting a crib - will there be room for that? Or pushing the beds together but against the wall and having the LO sleep there. I despise co-sleeping, so this doesn't sound so fun!

The lady at Carnival (we will be on the Conquest) told me that the rails were pretty high up, but I think I've seen a picture where they didn't look so high up to me! There's no way I'm putting the 2 year old up there!

Any thoughts?

I would ask for a crib. Or you could make up a pallet on the floor if you don't think the 2 year old would be able to stay up there. I know mine wouldn't!

Even if you end up not using the crib, it's better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and need it!

Request it now, that way if they run out, you will have one! And if you end up not needing it, the steward can just take it out.

FYI, I was told that Carnival won't guarantee a crib for a child over 2. You can request it but it will be given to a younger child first, even if you requested it first.

FYI, I was told that Carnival won't guarantee a crib for a child over 2. You can request it but it will be given to a younger child first, even if you requested it first.

I would hope that 26 months is still considered 2! ;) But I can see why they have that policy.

Regardless, OP, request it if you think that you will need it, but be prepared to put together a pallet on the floor. Or, worse comes to worse, one of the adults can sleep in the upper bunk and the 2 year old can sleep in a twin!

I would hope that 26 months is still considered 2! ;) But I can see why they have that policy.

Regardless, OP, request it if you think that you will need it, but be prepared to put together a pallet on the floor. Or, worse comes to worse, one of the adults can sleep in the upper bunk and the 2 year old can sleep in a twin!

Sorry I wasn't clearer. They won't guarantee a crib after your LO turns 2.

I would recommend having the steward take the mattress off the upper, and then closing it. That way your kiddos will not want to "play" up there. Then, they can sleep on the mattress on the floor at night. During the day, you can put it on top of the sofa or against the wall. We did this, and it worked great! Obviously the mattress takes up most of the floor space at night, but it was much safer (ours were 4 and 2 at the time).

I would recommend having the steward take the mattress off the upper, and then closing it. That way your kiddos will not want to "play" up there. Then, they can sleep on the mattress on the floor at night. During the day, you can put it on top of the sofa or against the wall. We did this, and it worked great! Obviously the mattress takes up most of the floor space at night, but it was much safer (ours were 4 and 2 at the time).

Oh that's a fantastic idea! I never even thought about taking the mattress down!

Yes, there is definitely room for the twin mattress to fit in the floor, it pretty much fills up the entire "floor space" area but is totally do-able for the night. We did this on Carnival Freedom (same ship class as the Conquest), so you should be fine. I slept much better without them on the upper, I would have been on edge all night.

Our cabin had a sofa that the mattress fit perfectly on during the day, so we just picked it up each morning and put it on top of the sofa. The steward even changed the sheets on it and everything. :)

Archived