How do I get a meet and mingle set-up

nutley chick

I just did this for our Liberty Cruise we just got off of, and unfortunately only 3 people plus my family showed....We had a pretty Decent Size Roll Call very disappointing...I know for the next cruise I'm not going to do that again...I posted on John Heald's Facebook and he was kind enough to arrange it for us as Ours was listed on the right side flap of the Fun Times......Ours was in one of the Lounges.....Good Luck

Thank you all for the quick responses. Seems I'm cutting it very close. They want it booked no later then a month out and that leaves me with a few days to get money from anyone interested in it. So I guess we will do a pay as you go informal meet.

I found they were rather flexible about it as long as you were flexible with times. We decided on the roll call when seemed like a good time, and I offered to do the arranging. A quick call to Carnival group arrangements with an approximate number was enough to arrange the room. We did unlimited drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. (different prices). Using a Pay-pal account you can send out "bills" to everyone who says they want to come. I found that people responded quickly. You have to have 20 paid guests. I was able to adjust the number onboard. If you are arranging it, add an extra dollar or two to get something to identify guests- I usually find cheap leis in two colors and go over with the waiters what is what as the party starts. I set up an envelope with details and leis and we all had an informal get together just before sailaway. It was a certain amount of work, but in the end it was a lot of fun. One of our parties a guest was a pianist who wanted to play- that was a lovely time!

Archived