Refurbish Monarch of the Seas??

phinn

Several months ago I read about the Monarch getting a refurbishment. Recently I saw an article which indicates all the updates planned on each ship for RCI but nowhere is the Monarch even mentioned. Does anyone know if they will update the ship? Is the Monarch going to be sold? Will another ship replace the 3/4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral? Curious as to what the status might be. Thanks

Several months ago I read about the Monarch getting a refurbishment. Recently I saw an article which indicates all the updates planned on each ship for RCI but nowhere is the Monarch even mentioned. Does anyone know if they will update the ship? Is the Monarch going to be sold? Will another ship replace the 3/4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral? Curious as to what the status might be. Thanks

Monarch had some items like the pool deck refurbished at its recent drydock. There are rumors of Monarch and majesty being sold in the future but nothing from RCL on that. Do a search on each of these topics and you will find hours of reading.

What I heard was that it would be too expensive to overhaul Monarch to meet the new regulations (42-inch high guard rails for instance) so it seems that the only work being done on them is basic maintenance and repairs. Monarch's last drydock didn't do anything major to the ship.

Archived