Sapphire Princess Lido Deck Stateroom

DDMau

We had a guarntee BF cabin and have been assigned a BA (L307) on Lido deck starboard side. Has anyone stayed in this area before. Looking for Pro and Con on this area. I know it is somewhat under the Spa enterance and on the same deck with the pools. Is this a noisy area, the cruise will be in March along the California coast. With March weather I wouldn't think the pools will be used that much. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

We had a guarntee BF cabin and have been assigned a BA (L307) on Lido deck starboard side. Has anyone stayed in this area before. Looking for Pro and Con on this area. I know it is somewhat under the Spa enterance and on the same deck with the pools. Is this a noisy area, the cruise will be in March along the California coast. With March weather I wouldn't think the pools will be used that much. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

No, it's not noisy at all. Very convenient to the pools and the buffet.

It's convenient to the pools and buffet and is a standard oceanview cabin with balcony. What makes it a BA is the perception that the higher the deck, the better the location or cabin. Not necessarily true. If it were me, I'd see if I could exchange it for a BA on Caribe deck. Those have much larger balconies (9x9' vs. 9x5') that are half-covered, half-uncovered, and have two half-loungers, two chairs and a table rather than just two chairs and a small table.

I agree with Pam. If you can change it for a BA on the Caribe deck do it in a heartbeat. The balconies are much larger. Otherwise, if the cabin is under the spa area you shouldn't experience much noise. It's the Lido deck cabins that are under the pool areas that are bad. Not only during the day but actually worse in the late evening ad early morning when the crew is cleaning the decks and moving the loungers.

I think you need to think about your particular prefrences. We love the pools and are there several times a day, we also love using our balcony for meals and wine, so we often fill a plate and bring it back to the cabin. That makes Lido pretty attractive to us. Last year we tried a Caribe balcony and loved it. If you do not use the buffet and the pools a lot then go Caribe. We are back to the Lido this year to be near the pools however!

We had a Caribe balcony last year and loved it as well. We do use the lunch buffet and the pools a lot and that's why Lido has our interest this time. Noise was my main concern of this location. Balcony size is nice but not a deal breaker, we like to try new locations to see what if anything we are missing, this could become our deck of choice.

Thanks

We have been really interested in how a different location makes you actually use the ship differently. Our Caribe was way aft and we spent much more time at the adult pool (Terrace Pool) Noise has not been a factor for us on Lido.

If you spend a lot of time at the pool and buffet, then this would be a good cabin for you because you are close to the pools and only have to navigate through the crowds at the pool to get to the buffet. Also convenient for pizza and burgers. If you have any rough weather, you will do more bouncing and swaying on Lido.

Not being a pool fan and especially not the buffet, we would ask to change a BA Lido to a BA on Caribe since for us the larger balcony would be much more important. Also you are only 3 decks down from Lido on Caribe so using the steps to get to the Lido deck would be good exercise!!:D

The Sapphire is a wonderful ship. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

As long as you are forward of the elevators/stairwells on Lido you should be fine. Aft of the elevators is subject to an absolutely incredible amount of pedestrian traffic parading past your cabin door.:eek: I agree with Pam. Swap it for a Caribe if you can.

I just looked at the deck plan. L307 is AFT of the elevators. The burger grill is just outside your cabin door. Thousands of burgers marching by your door every minute. Run and hide. Dump this cabin

Archived