Crown Paradise Club day pass in PV--doubled their price?

True Romance

So I have been reading on here for over a year that the day passes at the Crown Paradise in PV are $35/ adult and $18/child. I read the prices as recently as Sept. 2011. I just sent them an email to reconfirm for my Feb. 2012 cruise and they quoted me $69/adult and $35/ 6-12 :mad:

I wonder if this is their new pricing for 2012? That is crazy that it doubled. I was going to take my 3 kids for the day, but at that price I will just stay on the ship.

That is high season in PV and I wonder if those are the new winter rates? I know that Dreams winter day pass rates go up quite a bit as well.

$70 pp is a lot of eating and drinking...personally I would go to a hotel like Playa Los Arcos that has a day pass (we were there last Jan and it was 150 pesos pp) 110 pesos went towards food and drink credit and we had full use of the pools, pool and beach service, towels, etc. I think our final food/drink bill was around 400 pesos total.

Food is good there and the margaritas are wonderful, happy hour is from 12-3.

Looks like they have a AI day pass now as well....not sure that we would evenn go that route.

http://www.playalosarcos.com/services/day-pass-program

I replied to the first email I got asking why the price had doubled. This is the response I got.

Hola Sorry, but it do not mention that is for cruise members.

For cruise member for February the price is 48 usd per adult and children from 6-12yrs old it is 24 usd .

The price of 35 usd it is from April 15 – Dec 15

Anything else please let me know

Saludos

Nice to know it did not double. Prices are not too bad when I am just paying for me and 2 kids, nice the 3 year old is free.

Archived