Shoes on the ocean

paulclimb510

I have never gone on a cruise or have been in the Caribbean. It appears in some pictures and videos that not all of the beaches, especially as you enter the water, that the ground and be rocky. Do people typically wear shoes of some kind while getting in the water? Thanks for your help.

I have never gone on a cruise or have been in the Caribbean. It appears in some pictures and videos that not all of the beaches, especially as you enter the water, that the ground and be rocky. Do people typically wear shoes of some kind while getting in the water? Thanks for your help.

Some do and some don't. I suppose it would depend on how sensitive your feet are to the rocks and shells.

There are many types of "water shoes"....if you don't need them for anything else, they may not be worth it. Wal-Mart will have them in summer time for under $10...many are available on line. Some people may just bring an old pair of sneakers for this purpose (they just won't dry out quickly and will be heavier...the weight may be a problem if you try to swim with them).

Most of the beaches that you will go to will not be rocky...if there are rocks, they will be larger and you can walk around them. There certainly are rocky beaches, but these are not the ones that the tourists are directed to.

here is a link to one website as an example:

http://www.swimoutlet.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=356&Click=1719049&gclid=CKLDutT25qwCFdKR7QodcCkVIw

Really depends on where you go.

LOL I was thinking the same thing, this is a very broad question.

OP I take a cheap pair of water shoes when I cruise, they pack pretty flat compared to other footwear, dry out quickly and can be worn into town and to the beach. As one poster put it, if you don't need them on, take them off.

I would suggest you also take a ziplock bag to put them in for the trip home, as there will probably be still a bit of sand in them when you pack.

Thanks for the reminder!!! I hate to walk in an ocean or lake without water shoes and mine are old!! I have been trying to remember to get another pair.. was looking local and never found them. I just ordered a pair on Amazon. I use them everytime... you never know what you are going to step on.. yuk!:D

Archived