Storing your packing on a World cruise

Elderflower

We are booked in a larger outside cabin, like a balcony cabin but with a window, for the full World cruise on Oriana in January. I have read several posts about the amount of luggage people take on a World cruise, and indeed, it looks like we shall have 6 or 7 suitcases. Can someone tell me how they store all the stuff from the suitcases in one of these cabins? I know we can give the empty cases to our steward for storing but we shall probably keep a few for our "shop under the bed" and laundry.

We were on the Arcadia last year and had 4 cases and had a job fitting everything in the storage space. Is the Oriana better equiped for storing clothes and items needed for over 3 months away from home?

Have started packing already :), well, you have to don't you, especially with Christmas coming between now and when we sail.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Pat

Hi

Just a small hint. You can buy plastic coat hangers, which are very light, from the pound shop. These hold 4 pairs of trousers /shorts at a time which takes up little space, and can be left behind on disembarcation.

Regards

JO

Thanks for the observations. I'd heard that about Oriana previously, being built to undertake longer cruises than Arcadia was intended to do. I'm sure we shall squeeze our belongings in some how. Going to the Pound shop tomorrow in search of those hangers. We have some that you can hang multiple tops from. Got them from QVC several years ago. Unforunately, the trouser hanger that came in the pack is a bit tiresome as they tend to slip off.

Pat

Archived