Mini-Bar Question

TonyCruise

We are sailing for the first time on Fantasy in a cat 12 suite. I would like to use the fridge to store my own sodas, water and "contraband" adult beverages ;) I read on another post that you can ask the steward to remove the for-purchase items from mini-bar. Will they do that with no problem? Do they take the stuff out of the room or just leave it on the countertop?

It really seems to depend on the steward. The last time we sailed we didn't want to wait for him to do it so we simply put everything in the top of one of the closets and told the steward what we had done. It was no big deal.

Our soda and water wasn't in the fridge - I put a few in to get cold and was charged for it - so of course I drank it.. I had also had beer delivered to the room prior and that was in the ice bucket. So I guess it depends on the steward.

We just came back from a week on the Pride.

We weren't in our cabin 5 mins. until our steward came to introduce herself to us. We asked her to clear out the mini bar and she did so in about 10 mins. She brought a bag to the room, filled it with the mini fridge contents and that was it for the whole trip.

I even took the shelf out of the fridge to accomodate some taller bottles. When she cleaned the fridge out the last night, she found the shelf in the desk drawer and returned it to it's place.

As a side note, we did tip her when she removed the items and because of her superb, virtually ghost-like service, we gave her an extra tip at the end of the voyage. I've never had such wonderful care!

On our December Miracle cruise I asked the room steward if he would remove the items from the mini-bar. He said I could take everything out but put it on the shelf over the vanity. He said that if he took it back he would have no way to keep track if someone took it. It looked a little messy but worked out fine. We didn't use anything from the mini bar and we weren't charged for anything.

Archived