The Pride Hong Kong to Singapore

Sunday golf

We are booke on the Pride next march and have just recieved the list of trips that Seabourn run. Some we will decide on when we are on the ship , but three seem to be must do's. 1)A junk trip on Halong Bay 2)A cultural evening in Saigonn 3) A journey on the Mekong.

Has anyone done these trips and give us feedback?

We did this trip in December of last year so I can help you a little.

We did the kayaking on Halong Bay but started with a trip around the bay and the limestone Karst formations were amazing. People we met who just did the junk cruise also enjoyed it. Maybe it was the time of year but it was cool when it started so you might need a light jacket.

Didn't do the Saigon cultural evening.

The Mekong trip was also great as you got to see a different way of life on the waterway. First in the more bustling "city" part then as you go into the countryside where the waterway roads are narrower with lots of greenery. In the city on the different small produce boats they advertise their wares for sale by what is hanging from a long bamboo pole at the top of the boat. The meal they served at the end was lovely as well. We had no mosquito problems but took a small mosquito repellant just in case.

Having said that I remembered In Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) we ate our evening meal at the rooftop restaurant on top of the Rex Hotel and then we had some mosquitos. I had wished I had my repellant then.

Julie

We took the Pride from Bangkok to Hong Kong this past March. We used Zoom for our Saigon tour and also for our Mekong trip. Both were excellent. We had a boatride on the Mekong and also had a ride in a small canoe along a canal that had been used during the war...It was an amazing trip. We did not do the Saigon cultural tour as we had heard it wasn't that good. We did the junk ride on Halong Bay....we used a private guide so we had our own junk. It was a really beautiful trip but it was surprisingly COLD....and rainy. We were not prepared for the cold weather so had to stay inside the junk for most of the trip. There were also two caves that we explored in conjunction with the junk ride. The trip to Hanoi from the ship was long and bumpy.....and we had cold weather and rain again in Hanoi. The people who did the overnight in Hanoi seemed to have a better experience than we did. Be sure to do coffee on top of the Rex Hotel....it is quite incredible. You'll love this trip!!

We are booke on the Pride next march and have just recieved the list of trips that Seabourn run. Some we will decide on when we are on the ship , but three seem to be must do's. 1)A junk trip on Halong Bay 2)A cultural evening in Saigonn 3) A journey on the Mekong.

Has anyone done these trips and give us feedback?

Hello---my wife and I are on the March 14th to 28th Hong Kong to Singapore cruise---is that the one you are on?---I did start a roll call in the past but it has been quiet for months.

We haven't looked at excursions as yet.

-Barry and Irene

We are also booked on this cruise and so far it just seemed to be Grouchotoo and us.

We will research what exactly we want to do in each port and then as we did last year on the Sojourn take a local taxi or tuktuk and get the driver to take us to where we want to see - we thoroughly enjoyed our excursions off our own bat and usually had lunch at a local restaurant which was a most enjoyable experience. We like to be free to decide what time we want to go ashore and when we want to come back not have to have the schedule of an organised tour.

I will take the tip of going to the top of the Rex Hotel and put that on our list.

Leighton and Luane

We are also booked on this cruise and so far it just seemed to be Grouchotoo and us.

We will research what exactly we want to do in each port and then as we did last year on the Sojourn take a local taxi or tuktuk and get the driver to take us to where we want to see - we thoroughly enjoyed our excursions off our own bat and usually had lunch at a local restaurant which was a most enjoyable experience. We like to be free to decide what time we want to go ashore and when we want to come back not have to have the schedule of an organised tour.

I will take the tip of going to the top of the Rex Hotel and put that on our list.

Leighton and Luane

Would you consider sharing a taxi or two if we have similar choices or do you prefer to be on your own??

Either way looking forward to meeting you

(also going to post this on the roll call page)

-Barry

Leighton and Luane

Not sure if it will be the same but to get to the Rex hotel was very easy as the shuttle bus dropped you at the shopping plaza on the other side of the street. The trickiest bit was crossing the street to get to the Rex. We caught a taxi back after dinner because the shuttle had finished. Was cheap as not to far from port area.

Julie

Did this a few years ago. Definitely do at least drinks on top of the Rex. It is a historic and thrilling experience. While we did most of the excursions independently, we took the Seabourn excursion to the River Kwai. I found it a very moving experience. We did not do the Cu Chi Tunnels, but those who did enjoyed it very much.

Would you consider sharing a taxi or two if we have similar choices or do you prefer to be on your own??

Either way looking forward to meeting you

(also going to post this on the roll call page)

-Barry

Yes we would be happy to consider this idea - Look forward to meeting both of you also.

If you would like to email us to have a discussion it is: luane at gmx dot com

My Wife, Son and I, took the Pride on it's 17 July 2010 Sailing from Singapore to Shanghai... Ho Chi Min City was great.. We did the Mekong River Excursion.. We were met at the pier with a large van, where we and another couple had a driver and our own tour guide. It was well worth it ! Lunch was provided.. see my your tube channel for videos of this trip.

Rod

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL24895C4AE6CC5F94

Archived