Ordering a bottle of Liquor from room service??

ronkay

i know i can order a bottle from the bon voyage dept. but i thought i read on another thread that someone was able to order a bottle of vodka to their room right after embarkation? and from the thread it looked to be the same price as the Bon voyage? does anyone if this is true. i am getting killed with work the week before leaving and dont have time to take care of everything if this is something i can push out until i board? that would be fantastic, thanks in advance for your responses

i know i can order a bottle from the bon voyage dept. but i thought i read on another thread that someone was able to order a bottle of vodka to their room right after embarkation? and from the thread it looked to be the same price as the Bon voyage? does anyone if this is true. i am getting killed with work the week before leaving and dont have time to take care of everything if this is something i can push out until i board? that would be fantastic, thanks in advance for your responses

You can order it while on board through the liquor fun shop, but you will not be able to drink it while on board. They will hold it until the night BEFORE DISEMBARKATION... and there is no way around it. if you wish to drink it while u are on the boat you have to buy through bon voyage

I just got off my cruise last week and i spoke to several carnival employees about this.. this is 100% correct

As per John Heald himself.. yes you can.. order from room service.. or guest services.. order a bar service.. I personally have not ordered bottles just buckets of beer at 5am :eek::D

As per John Heald himself.. yes you can.. order from room service.. or guest services.. order a bar service.. I personally have not ordered bottles just buckets of beer at 5am :eek::D

you CAN NOT order liquor bottles from room service or the bar or any other place on the boat to consume during your trip. YOU CAN order one drink at a time yes, but not full bottles. AT ALL..

yes you can order buckets of beer, or 5 or 6 drinks but it will be individual drinks.

Each time this question comes up several people post that they have been able to order from room service at BV prices...and several post that you positively cannot. It sounds like it may depend on who answers the phone when you call room service??

We know that gift shop liquor purchased on board is held until the last night. I believe those who say they have gotten a bottle order through room service (and also JH's comments confirming this)...but it would be nice to get a difinitive answer.

I have ordered a full bottle of liquor from room service on two different ships with no problem. It was the same price as ordering from bon voyage. I have also read that this varies from ship to ship. I only did it twice and it worked both times.....Once was on Carnival Liberty and the other was on Carnival Fantasy.

If I were you, I would take the five minutes to order it from Bon Voyage before your cruise.......better safe than sorry.....

you CAN NOT order liquor bottles from room service or the bar or any other place on the boat to consume during your trip. YOU CAN order one drink at a time yes, but not full bottles. AT ALL..

yes you can order buckets of beer, or 5 or 6 drinks but it will be individual drinks.

Yes you can.. Did you call room service or ask guest services or did you just ask at the gift shop only ???

Do you have some source for this info?

Do you have some source for this info?

YES, i was just on carnival cruise last week. I asked numerous people. by rules and regulations of carnival you are not allowed to get bottles to consume on board. Granted there are people that do not follow rules, and think that they can break whatever rule they wish. Maybe there is this type of people on the boat you are traveling on. But I can tell you 100% you legally can not do it.

best advice is to just try it.. obviously people are saying you can and I just tried it on my cruise last week and couldn't. And tried several times. Prepare yourself as if they are going to say no. Because there is no way to give you a answer fully because like my previous post says, some people break rules while others refuse to.

YES, i was just on carnival cruise last week. I asked numerous people. by rules and regulations of carnival you are not allowed to get bottles to consume on board. Granted there are people that do not follow rules, and think that they can break whatever rule they wish. Maybe there is this type of people on the boat you are traveling on. But I can tell you 100% you legally can not do it.

This is not going against or breaking rules or regulations.. so please refrain from stating false information since it has come from Carnival's ambassador that it is allowed...:rolleyes: If you so lucked out that it was not allowed on your ship does not mean that it is 100% not legal:rolleyes:

Wow, someone has an attitude problem. As for the answer to the OP's question; John Heald has confirmed that you can order bottles of liquor through room service, that seems like a reliable enough source to me.

I think you're confused durden...It appears you're talking about people buying bottles from the gift shop and somehow sneaking back to their cabin with contraband. The rest of us - and the subject of this thread is referring to calling room service and ordering any of the available bottles of liquor on the BV list and having it delivered by a Carnival employee to his or her cabin. This has been confirmed by JH as being within Carnival's liquor policy.

Just posted to John Heald and this is his response... waiting for the confirmation..

John Heald Kelly, unless I am mistaken and the rules have changed during my week off you can order bottles through room service by dialing 8000. please allow me to confirm and I will get back to you. cheers

I think you're confused durden...It appears you're talking about people buying bottles from the gift shop and somehow sneaking back to their cabin with contraband. The rest of us - and the subject of this thread is referring to calling room service and ordering any of the available bottles of liquor on the BV list and having it delivered by a Carnival employee to his or her cabin. This has been confirmed by JH as being within Carnival's liquor policy.

I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT AND WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. I am done arguing with you. the end.

I'm not going to argue either, but you are just plain flat out 100% wrong. If you were asking at the gift shop, then you may very well have been given this answer, but that is not where you should have been asking.

Look I know where I was asking, yes, gift shop was ONE of them.. but room service, the bar, guest services and the aggravating ass servers that walk around ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

told me the same thing..

Like I said earlier.. call carnival. they will give you the correct asnwer and not some half ass answer.. 'depends on who you speak with in room service'

Look I know where I was asking, yes, gift shop was ONE of them.. but room service, the bar, guest services and the aggravating ass servers that walk around ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

told me the same thing..

Like I said earlier.. call carnival. they will give you the correct asnwer and not some half ass answer.. 'depends on who you speak with in room service'

WOW i think you need a drink to calm your nerves.. if you say that happened to you .. what ship were you on so I can relay that information??

Just posted to John Heald and this is his response... waiting for the confirmation..

John Heald Kelly, unless I am mistaken and the rules have changed during my week off you can order bottles through room service by dialing 8000. please allow me to confirm and I will get back to you. cheers

LOL some people will falsify anything.. lol I'll believe it when I hear it from his mouth and not a "wrote response from someone on here"

Yes, you can order liquor, by the bottle, from Guest Service and, on some ships, from room service. This is the case on all ships in the fleet unless there was a very recent change to the policies.

I've done this and it works fine... just like pre ordering it from Bon Voyage...

:)

Here you go..

lol LOL! so one person who claims to be this man.. makes a profile on facebook soley to answer questions from cruise critic members.. lol you gotta be joking me.. Im just got off the phone with carnival. It is not allowed on all boats. But allowed on very few. so both are right and both are wrong.

leave it at that.

Yes, you can order liquor, by the bottle, from Guest Service and, on some ships, from room service. This is the case on all ships in the fleet unless there was a very recent change to the policies.

I've done this and it works fine... just like pre ordering it from Bon Voyage...

:)

omg.. another one.. ugh watever im done.. i know what i was told by carnival and I am not going to change my mind. even you said yourself ON SOME SHIPS>. then you contradict yourself in the end.. come on this board is good for somethings but everyone has different opinions and experiences about everything.. to the original post......... JUST TRY IT> forget what people are saying and just try it.. Prepare for it if you cant.

lol LOL! so one person who claims to be this man.. makes a profile on facebook soley to answer questions from cruise critic members.. lol you gotta be joking me.. Im just got off the phone with carnival. It is not allowed on all boats. But allowed on very few. so both are right and both are wrong.

leave it at that.

I guess that is what John Heald does right... just pretends...:rolleyes: funny I think you need to get your big boy/girl panties outta that wad and find out.. as has been mentioned some ships have not been doing it.. as I asked you earlier what ship were you on.. so maybe we can find out if infact it was true for your sailing???

i took the advice of the poster and called Bon Voyage and ordered my bottle of vodka, we cruise Saturday and the nice women said i could call as late as Friday to order anything else we might need.

sorry to start the argument

i took the advice of the poster and called Bon Voyage and ordered my bottle of vodka, we cruise Saturday and the nice women said i could call as late as Friday to order anything else we might need.

sorry to start the argument

Glad you got it taken care of! And YOU didn't start the argument...there was only one nut job arguing in here...everyone else was in agreement! LOL!;)

Archived