Moby Dick's or Soto's??

Ms_Pammy

Hey All!

I have heard good about both, and am wondering what others have to say about them.

The only difference I see between the 2 trips is where each one goes for the snorkle part of the trip. Looks like Moby Dick's goes to a place that has a friendly moral eel (might be very cool to see) , and Soto's goes to 7 mile beach.

Soto's goes to Coral Gardens/Barrier Reef area same as the others, not 7 mile beach. They could drop you off at 7 mile beach afterwards. I went with Soto's last November and really liked them.

No experience with Moby Dick, but others have posted they like.

We were in GC on 4/7, booked with MD for 30.00 online about half what RCCL charges. We had a great time in Sting Ray city, then went out to the barrier reef for a 30 or so minute snorkle it was pretty cool. I found the sights and water much better in Cozumel but that goes with out saying. MD was great, if i ever get back Mark will have my business...for the record 7 Mile is on the opposite side of the island from Sting Ray city....

We just returned from a trip to the reef garden and sting ray sandbar with Soto's and would highly recommend them. I think there were 4 ships in port on the day we where there and we had 8 people total on our trip. Our guides Billy and Glenn were great. We had tons of one on one time with the sting rays. People from another boat were asking our guides to bring the sting rays over to them because their guide was not in the water with them. (Don't know what boat that was, but someone said Capt. Marvins). I do not know anything about Moby Dicks, but I will say that we highly recommend Soto's. By the way, 30.00 per person.

I was just in GC on April 14 and used Soto's. I really enjoyed it and would use them again. There were about 20 people total on the tour with us. They had ice water on board and also a fresh water hose to wash off the saltewater. Our guide(randy) came in the water with us to catch rays and gave us squid to feed them.

I just got back from GC and used Soto's on April 13. It was great. We had 10 people on our boat and got lot's of personalized attention from Billy. Other boats had at least 50 people in them. We also had other boats next to us try to get our guide to show them the stingrays. Billy also brought over a male stingray for use to hold. They are smaller and softer than the big females.

We had a group of 4, and everybody said it was an experience of a lifetime.

Everyone got lots of one on one time with the stingrays and also got the stingray back massage. I would absolutely recommend Soto's.

Yes Soto's has a videographer , You need to contact them in advance to guarentee availability, Also, try to book a 6 or 8 pack boat with them.

What do you mean by a 6 or 8 pack boat? I have already made reservations for my family of 5.

We used Sotos and they have a really fast boat and got us there in about 10 minutes! Their service was excellent and it was the highlight of our trip!

We used the Activity Guide coupon and it only cost about $25. We printed it out from the web site before we left. I don't remember the link but you can do a Google search for Activity Guide Magazine.

We used Sotos and they have a really fast boat and got us there in about 10 minutes! Their service was excellent and it was the highlight of our trip!

We used the Activity Guide coupon and it only cost about $25. We printed it out from the web site before we left. I don't remember the link but you can do a Google search for Activity Guide Magazine.

I was just on the cayman activity guide site, and I did not see a coupon for Soto's

Moby Dick's have been unresponsive to my e-mails within the last week. Soto's would be ok, but no one else has signed up for a trip with them yet and I don't want to book with them knowing they will cancel on me if they don't get 8 people.

This has been frustrating. None of the other companies work out timewise. I may have to use the ship's excursion. How bad is it really to use RCCL's stingray city Rays and Reef combo excursion? I know it will be with about 100 people.

Thanks.

When are you cruising? If it's more than a couple of months from now more than likely other people will book with Soto's also. If is sooner, and you joined a roll call for your sailing, why don't you see if anyone else who's cruising with you would be interested in taking the stingray tour also? That way you can meet the minimum requirement of 8.

It's only a month away, and I did try over on the roll call. The reason, I think, is that it doesn't seem we'd have enough time to catch Soto's (we get in at 8:30, their trip starts at 9:30). But I contacted Soto's and they said they'd wait. However, everyone over in the roll calls seems to have signed up for Nativeway. Nativeway doesn't work for us because it is smack dab in the middle of the day, and we wanted to do other things.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Like I said before, does anyone know how bad it is really to use the ship's excursion?

Does anyone know why Moby Dick tours isn't responding to e-mails?

Also, if I have to skip either 7 mile beach or the turtle farm, which do you think I should skip?

Thanks!

If I don't receive reply emails, the FIRST thing I check is are my spam filters somehow intercepting the emails. This is often the case.

If you are interested in Moby Dick, I would CALL them. First try to find out how much your long distance carrier will charge you - should be less than 30 cents/minute. If not, buy a cheap phone card for Costco, Sam's Club, wherever. Not a bad idea in general, cause then you know what the max damages are.

http://www.mobydicktours.com/

I've been on a couple of ship tours and the ones I was on were good - one was Cockatoo catamaran (great) and one was stingray city/snorkel. Neither one was overcrowded and the main complaint would be that they cost twice as much as the independents.

Have not been on the mega-Kirk boats, but think they may spend longer time at stingray city to compensate for more people.

Husky,

Dont worry about having enough people, the tour director will be at the pier and more people will sign up then. The only difference is if you wait to sign up at the pier it will cost you about $5.00 more. They have all kinds of Tours available right at the pier, when you get there you will see them holding up signs advertising there tour.

Our first trip to GC we didnt book ahead of time, we just waited till we got to the pier and signed up with someone there with no troubles at all. :)

Archived