NCL Star Speciality Restaurants - Which are a must?

THEPIPES1013

I love Cagneys, but then I really love steak and opted to pay the extra for the lobster tail.

I think that would completely depend on what you really like to eat.

Is your favorite foods

French, Asian, Teppanyaki, Steak, Italian, Sushi, Tex Mex?

I've heard good and bad on each, but mostly good on all of them.

Hi There, I'm sailing on the Star this Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any opinion on which restaurants are worth spending the money on? Once you're in there it's too late!! LOL Thanks for any advice. Michelle

Michelle when you get back post your opinions on any of the ones you decide to try. I'll be on the Star in January and am looking at trying Le Bistro for sure.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Barb

On the Star we did the Teppanyaki, Le Bistro and Tex Mex. We liked them all but were really impressed with the value of the Tex Mex. It had the smallest cover charge and we ordered this meal for 2 that came out on a giant metal thing with different meat and vegatables on it. It was one of the best meals on the cruise. We ate at Cagney's for dinner on the Gem and it was good too.

I would rank them on the Star for overall enjoyment (that said, they were all goo):

1. Tex Mex

2. Teppanyaki

3. Le Bistro

The other nights we had dinner in our cabin, which is becoming a favorite thing for us to do.

Have fun!

Hi There, I'm sailing on the Star this Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any opinion on which restaurants are worth spending the money on? Once you're in there it's too late!! LOL Thanks for any advice. Michelle

Why don't you join our roll call and come to the meet and greet on Monday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1316496&page=22

Al

On the Star we did the Teppanyaki, Le Bistro and Tex Mex. We liked them all but were really impressed with the value of the Tex Mex. It had the smallest cover charge and we ordered this meal for 2 that came out on a giant metal thing with different meat and vegatables on it. It was one of the best meals on the cruise. We ate at Cagney's for dinner on the Gem and it was good too.

I would rank them on the Star for overall enjoyment (that said, they were all goo):

1. Tex Mex

2. Teppanyaki

3. Le Bistro

The other nights we had dinner in our cabin, which is becoming a favorite thing for us to do.

Have fun!

I agree, thats the way I rank them. POPO is the meal you are talking about, good meat and vegatables but I don't think it comes out on the metal spikes anymore.

We ate at Cagney's once and didn't have that good of an experience, it was the first night of the cruise.

We were on the 11/20 Star sailing. La Bistro and Cagney's are a must; we were unimpressed with la Cucina (food bland and cold) and Ginza (bland for our taste). The MDR Aqua was "ok," but again bland for our taste.

captgeo

Archived