Never cruised before,Fees and taxes etc??.

Janene1

Hello,

:confused: I'm very new and trying to plan my first cruise. I am trying to figure out how much taxes etc.. are to western carribean destinations on Carnival. We are going to the Jamaca, Grand Cayman, Cozumel 7 day cruise on the Conquest. I'm sorry if this seems simplistic or confusing I'm just trying to figure out what the bottom line price will be for the cruise not including the extras like excursions before I book it. Can anyone give me an idea of what these things usually cost? We are trying to figure out if we can budget finally taking our dream of a cruise. Thanks for all your help in advance, I'm loving this site and all your input.

Janene:D

Hi Janene,

It can get confusing. :confused: We are cruising in June and our travel agent included everything (tips also) into our package. Final payment has been made, so now we only have to bring spending $$.:cool:

Hope this helps.

Anne

Hi, port charges and taxes really vary from area to area.......much higher for Alaska than Mexico for instance. Are you working with a travel agent?.they will have all the figures for you even if you are looking at an on line TA, same thing. Most of us that have been on a couple of ships strongly suggest using a TA in your area for the first cruise, someone that you know? so your questions can all be answered.

I am getting approx: 139.00 p/p for ports and tax but please double check wit a ta

If you have the time to sit at your computer for a few hours, you can get a fairly good idea of what your costs will be - at least for the big ticket items.

If you are using an online travel site, you can choose a cruise and a cabin without having to commit to booking it.

Simply experiment with different itineraries, dates and cabin selections and take it as far as the website will go just short of having to enter your credit card info.

Most sites will give you a total for trip + taxes before you have to commit to purchasing it.

You can do this for airfare, hotels and car rentals as well.

As for excursions, go to RCCL's website and you can review all of the shore excursions offered through the cruiseline for each cruise and the cost of each.

Recommendations for tips can be found there also.

As for drinks souveniers and other incidentals, you will have to guestimate on those based upon your own buying habits.

In my experience, any travel website you use will need to give you a total before you actually book anything.

As long as you don't fill in any credit card information and confirm your selections, you should be OK.

Archived