The skinny on the carpet

hcrane

Boarded QM2 on 8DEC11 and promptly ran into Cap'n Pugwash in the Chart Room. As he said in his posts, the room looks stunning albet for the TVs.

On the carpet - ran into the Purser, Guest Services, and mentioned the carpet and how it has received some "comments" on this site.

She explained that the "swirls" were inspired by the "curly cue" in the Q that Cunard uses in "Queen" - a modified Optima Q.

The only thing that was not redone in my cabin was the loveseat - it still has the maroon and gold fabric - the chair at the desk has been reupholstered to go with the other furnishings in the room.

Boarded QM2 on 8DEC11 and promptly ran into Cap'n Pugwash in the Chart Room. As he said in his posts, the room looks stunning albet for the TVs.

On the carpet - ran into the Purser, Guest Services, and mentioned the carpet and how it has received some "comments" on this site.

She explained that the "swirls" were inspired by the "curly cue" in the Q that Cunard uses in "Queen" - a modified Optima Q.

The only thing that was not redone in my cabin was the loveseat - it still has the maroon and gold fabric - the chair at the desk has been reupholstered to go with the other furnishings in the room.

Apparently the sofas are due to be replaced in the coming weeks. Do you still have an old TV in your stateroom?

Below is what Peter Shanks has to say on the matter.

Given the scale of what we achieved, notably refurbishing 1,310 staterooms in just 12 days, we had always planned for some of the activity to be completed over the coming weeks. I have had quite a few questions and comments about the new stateroom designs. One point raised was over some of the sofas and the fact that they do not quite match the new designs. Well please don’t worry – they are all planned to be changed over coming weeks. Personally, I think our designers have done a terrific job and we have ourselves a refreshed and beautiful ocean liner.

http://wearecunard.com/2011/12/she’s-back-and-she’s-beautiful…/

Hopefully, I can correct the above before being corrected - I meant to say the Golden Lion, not the Chart Room - apologies (have not even looked to see what, if any responses to the above have said.

I'll blame it on the Pol Acker they served at the cocktail party this evening (even though I never touch the stuff)

Submit and logoff...

Partial quote

\.

Hi Hcrane. Thanks for the skinny on the carpet.

I watched part 2 of the QM2/Cunard video blog, and if I heard correctly, Paul said that the new carpeting in Britannia staterooms was "inspired by the tail of the Q".

How's your voyage going? Please take a nice deep breath of fresh salt sea air for me. Enjoy! Cheers -S.

Archived